DescriptionThe Aponia TRUCK GPS NAVIGATION is a truck-specific navigation system designed to provide safe and reliable routing on truck-legal roads.
Truck drivers know that choosing the wrong route leads to wasted fuel, out-of-route kilometers, lost time and money and in some cases also safety issues.
Unlike standard car navigation systems, Aponia Truck GPS Navigation calculates efficient routes based on the vehicle profile information, routing parameters and load type, including hazardous materials.
The driver can choose a profile configuration based on length, height, width, weight, max. axle load, and whether he is carrying hazardous goods.
The maps are on-board, which means they are stored directly on the device for offline use. At the same time both the maps and the application can be easily updated free of charge.
TRY OUT THE APP FOR FREE!
Company Aponia Software Ltd. released a new version of the Aponia Truck GPS Navigation application designed especially for truck drivers. Together with the update of the application the company launched also the update of CEDA maps for Aponia Truck GPS Navigation.
The new version of the Aponia Truck GPS Navigation application brings several new functions:
▪ Modernized design of the user interface.
▪ Extension of the app’s resolution for use on other devices.
▪ Possibility of customizing the item and font sizes in the menu.
▪ Possibility of saving the app on a memory stick, once it is used with the Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
▪ Possibility of rating the application and thus supporting the development of new versions.
At the same time bugs, which might have caused problems in the previous version of the application, were fixed:
▪ It is possible to enter items from the Favorites list directly into the route via the Route Planner.
▪ If the navigation is missing necessary coordinates while launched via Intent (Android only), it automatically opens online search.
▪ Elimination of automatic and incorrect changes of signs in coordinates, once the app is launched via Intent (Android only).
▪ The application now chooses a skin according to the physical resolution of the display, which does not change. Beforehand the application used to be based on the resolution, in which it can render – in this case some users coped with problems while rotating the device, as the resolution was different, when the application was set for portrait, and when it was set for landscape.
▪ If the app doesn’t find a suitable skin for the resolution of the user’s device, it will try to use a skin, which is closest to this resolution.
▪ Users struggled with the activation of serial numbers, while having no connection to the internet. Also this bug is removed from the update.