Description* Bibles, Commentaries, Theological Dictionaries, Maps, and Christian books in over 50 languages
* Off-line after initial download - no need for a data connection
* Chinese, Russian, German, French, Hungarian, Czech, Polish, Hebrew, Hindi, ...
* Totally free, no ads, no e-mails
* Over 40 English Bibles including ESV, KJV and NET
* 29 Bible commentaries
* Extensive dictionary and Christian book collection
* Strong's integration allows Greek and Hebrew word analysis
* Split screen
* Write personal notes
* Select any interface language from a list of over 25
* Flexible search
* Maps of the bible lands
* Listen to any document read out for you
* Automatic scrolling, automatic day/night mode
* Compare all Bible translations on a single screen
* One of the fastest Bible apps on Android
* Open source - improve or change the code if you like
* Uses the powerful JSword engine from CrossWire
1. A recent update for Samsung mobiles prevents the verse context menu being shown on long-press. There is a workaround for this problem here: https://code.google.com/p/and-bible/downloads/detail?name=AndBible-20130802.apk Check a setting to enable a new toolbar button to show the Verse menu.
2. Don't use Back button to exit, press the Home or Task Switcher button.
3. To download more documents after the start press Menu button/More/Download Documents.
4. Modify System Settings is required to allow custom screen sleep time for And Bible, which was a new feature in the last release.