DescriptionI can't reply to comments! Email me. :)
***BUT FIRST READ THIS STUFF ABOUT COMPATIBILITY***
AndroSS recognizes two categories of devices - those based on the Tegra hardware platform and everything else. Root is NOT required on Tegra devices and DEFINITELY required all others. If you are not sure what root is or whether your device is Tegra-based, a couple minutes on Google will prove fruitful.
Additionally, there a few known issues. Skip a few paragraphs to read about those.
AndroSS is an open-source, GPLv2'd, ad-free screenshot program targeted at developers and advanced users. It works quickly and quietly, and will not 'watermark' your screen shots in any way.
* activate on hardware camera button or device shake
* configurable compression level (PNG, quality JPG, fast JPG)
* configurable feedback (toast popup, audio notification, vibration)
* persistent mode (remain enabled after each screenshot)
* rootless screenshots on Tegra devices
* On some devices, tinted screenshots, usually red. I haven't been able to pin this down yet - if you come across it, I'd at least like to know what you're running.
* Does not work on Ice Cream Sandwich due to Weird Frambuffer Shit. Email me if you really want to know the details, but be warned that I will talk about megabits and stride widths and endianness.
Feedback welcome. The AndroSS source is available at http://github.com/tstein/AndroSS