DescriptionMyPOD is full-featured and very powerful podcast app for the power-user. It can take a bit of time to learn (there is extensive help available) but with a bit of config it will download and keep you up to date with all your fave audio or video podcasts ... no syncing with desktops or other servers.
Now with unlimited feeds for free!! (well, 1000 max.) See below for permission usage ...
If you have a particular problem you want help with, then SEND ME AN EMAIL (use email link in settings or on the app page) - I can't really help you if you just leave a comment as I can't get back to you ...
It is quite popular with podcast junkies. If you like it please take the time to leave a comment ... it *really* is appreciated.
People seem to love it or hate it ... If you have problems, then get in touch via the feedback links in the settings page or below - I am always eager to help. the UI feedback is not great as you can see from the comments - but the people who get it, like it - so it might be worth your time. But if you are a UI snob then this app is most likely not for you. Some people just want simple apps with a few options - this is not that app.
free=ads - the previous 10 feeds limit has been removed.
* Automatic update and download of podcasts, all fully configurable.
* Integrated dual player for listening to Voice & Music simultaneously.
* Online podcasts catalog from easily finding and adding to your podcast list.
* Integrated browser for finding feeds and music.
* Remote Management from desktop (using browser and WIFI) - You can plug your device into your stereo and control your podcasts from your computer/netbook.
o You can also manage you podcasts using this interface, so you can easily serach for podcasts on you desktop and just copy in the RSS URL.
* tablet / tv support.
* Tracking for all podcasts listened to & history.
* Download on power/wifi.
* Import/Export OPML.
* Import from google reader.
* Automatic space management (chose amount of space to use or keep free).
* Username/password (401) support for paid feeds
* Android widget.
android.permission.INTERNET : Basic internet usage (download feeds & files)
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE : Determine if network is availalble
android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE : Determine if wifi is available
android.permission.BATTERY_STATS : Determine if power is connected
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE : Determine is a call is recieved so player can be paused automatically during a phone call. Also for generating/checking unlock key info (IMEI number)
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED : Start services when phone starts
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : Write to SD Card (for podcast file storage)
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK : To keep the internet connection alive while downloading.
If you dont like it - dont use it, there are other podcatchers available on android market such as Beyond Pod, DoggCatcher, PodTrapper, Listen, Hapi Podcast, etc.