lets get money

• Replies:8
clark Kent
  • Forum posts: 1

May 20, 2010, 11:28:37 PM via App

is there a good app where you can see the incoming callers phone provider i want to save a couple bucks

— modified on May 21, 2010, 6:15:40 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 5,136

May 23, 2010, 8:33:34 PM via Website

I think that this won't be possible.

One reason is, that it is possible to keep ur number even if changing ur phoneprovider.

The other reason is that there is (as far as i know) no information from caller to called party transmitted belonging to the calling providers network.

lg Voss

Peter Long
  • Forum posts: 74

May 27, 2010, 1:21:43 PM via Website

That would be cool! Don't know how that would be possible in practice...

Matthias H.
  • Forum posts: 550

Jun 9, 2010, 5:03:46 PM via Website

sorry for my confusion but how would knowing the callers provider save you any money? Do you have to pay for incoming calls? I can not imagine that! I had/have simcards/phones from germany hungary austria and italy and nowhere do i have to pay for incoming calls...

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Jun 9, 2010, 5:07:14 PM via Website

Matthias H.
sorry for my confusion but how would knowing the callers provider save you any money? Do you have to pay for incoming calls? I can not imagine that! I had/have simcards/phones from germany hungary austria and italy and nowhere do i have to pay for incoming calls...

Sadly, in some countries - depending on what plan you go for - you DO have to pay for incoming calls. I lived in Canada for a while and had to censor my calls as well. I couldn't believe it when I first heard about it!

Matthias H.

Jun 9, 2010, 5:11:30 PM via Website

well when i stayed in the us i had to pay for incoming calls but that weas of course because i used a german sim card (simply because in 2 years i was not able to find any place which sold simcards or phone contracts without a cell)
but i have never ever heard about paing for incoming calls.
I feel sorry for all of you who have to though...

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 98

Jun 9, 2010, 5:41:22 PM via Website

Matthias H.
well when i stayed in the us i had to pay for incoming calls but that weas of course because i used a german sim card (simply because in 2 years i was not able to find any place which sold simcards or phone contracts without a cell)
but i have never ever heard about paing for incoming calls.
I feel sorry for all of you who have to though...

Hehehe .. yeah, it's a major pain. But most people (in Canada anyway) get pre-paid plans. It's only when you get pay-as-go that you have to pay for incoming calls (and calling your mailbox) grrrrr.

Matthias H.

Oct 31, 2010, 11:18:39 AM via App

in Europe you never have to pay for incoming calls regardless pre or postpaid