android battery issues

• Replies:26
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 17, 2010 4:14:06 AM via App

it seems holding a battery charge all day on my Droid is a chore. however I have found some Apps to help me out I use advanced task killer and automatic task killer. I would highly recommended both of these to anyone looking to improve battery life. if anyone has any others they use and like please share

Jun 17, 2010 6:19:56 AM via App

Turning off Bluetooth and WiFi when not needed, lowering brightness to about 40%, and reducing how often apps and email refresh all seem to help on my HTC Eris. Also look in setting as to what's using your battery the most.. I had savvy shopper barcode reader until I noticed how much battery it used.

Jun 18, 2010 6:23:09 AM via App

Ryan Erickson
i just wish they would come out with a bigger battery for my droid
I bought a Duracell Powersource Mini.. its a pocket sized rechargeable USB lithium-ion battery pack... which you can use To charge your phone on the go. It's a must have on long bike rides when using apps like "My Tracks" to record your route via gps... then you can later post on Facebook or Google My Maps.

Jun 18, 2010 1:08:46 PM via Website

Ryan Erickson
Who is they? I do believe you can buy batteries that have reportedly more mAH than standard, but you would have to be careful, as some of those batteries with high reported mAH don't actually deliver on their promises. My advice would be to stick with a well reviewed and well-known battery maker if you go that route.

Jun 18, 2010 4:57:49 PM via App

thanks for the advise I will have to check that portable charger out. I have found some batteries online that supposedly have longer life but I don't think I will go for that because the battery sticks out of the back then my case wont fit: /

Jun 18, 2010 9:38:11 PM via App

Ben Caronna
Where did you buy the portable power source? And is it available for the Droid Eris?
I got it at Radio Shack in the US they have a lot of different units.. some even have solar panels to recharge if you are really roughing it in the middle of nowhere.. you can use it for any USB device.

Jul 19, 2010 5:31:03 AM via App

Ryan Erickson

I think most folks would prefer a slightly larger phone with a battery that lasted a day than what we currently have. When will phone makers get this?

Jul 21, 2010 4:40:55 AM via App

It took several weeks, but I just got 2 more batteries and a charger off ebay for about ten bucks. They actually look identical too the stock battery. The charger works well also.

The seller is "tuttoit" if anyone else wants to try some.

I think for now this will be my solution. The battery is easy enough to replace.

— modified on Jul 21, 2010 4:43:53 AM