HTC Wild Fire to get 2.2.. has same processor as Hero and Eris

• Replies:7
Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jun 30, 2010, 3:37:28 PM via Website

Well, they said that any phone released in 2010 would get the update to Android 2.2 if I remember correctly. I also remember hearing that some phones released before 2010 would be getting the Android 2.2 update as well. Will it get Android 2.2? Possibly, (especially now that there are rumors about the G1 getting it as well) but at the rate that they are churning out new phones, I wouldn't bet on it in a timely manner, if at all.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Jul 1, 2010, 8:08:32 AM via Website

How much memory does the wildfire have? That could be a dealbreaker too. Is android 2.2 much more hardware intensive than 2.1? Because the hero has already gotten 2.1, but it was a long time comming, so I don't think 2.2 will be anytime soon if it does come to the hero.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Jul 1, 2010, 10:42:51 AM via Website

Jeremiah McLeod
How much memory does the wildfire have? That could be a dealbreaker too. Is android 2.2 much more hardware intensive than 2.1? Because the hero has already gotten 2.1, but it was a long time comming, so I don't think 2.2 will be anytime soon if it does come to the hero.

That was one of my thoughts as well. From what I have seen though, Android 2.2 is supposed to be more efficient than Android 2.1, so I would think that means Android 2.2 can run on less capable hardware. I'm no Android programming genius though, so I'm just trying to make semi-educated guesses here.

jntt
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 23, 2010, 9:12:43 PM via App

so the eris most likely will get 2.2 :)

hopefully it comes thur because I've been waiting .