easy root

• Replies:50
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Aug 3, 2010 6:35:56 PM

I was looking around on "app brain" (thanks androidPIT) and came across an app called "easy root". I was hoping to get someone's insight who may have tried this. Also opinions on rooting pros vs cons keeping in mind 2.2 is right around the corner for my moto Droid. thanks in advance.

Aug 4, 2010 11:31:23 AM

I would recommend that you not root yet, but wait until the update for Android 2.2 is released, and then someone develops a rooting process again. There are plenty of "easy root" one button push apps out there, and I'm sure that they work well, but there may be an issue with trying to update a rooted phone. In fact, I believe there often is, so be careful.

Aug 11, 2010 7:10:48 AM

I rooted my HTC Eris and love it. I now have WIFI tethering, overclocked my processor to 710Mhz from 528Mhz, also have Flash 10.1, able to clear all cache with one click, have SD card partioned to have cache and apps on SD card which doubled the amount of apps I can have installed, changed boot screen, and many other tweaks.

Aug 19, 2010 10:32:05 AM

so I rooted My phone with the easy root and its working pretty good...I didn't lose any info...the only thing I want to know is how to delete the factory apps

Aug 24, 2010 5:46:44 AM

Ok I'm back with the info:

-Flash this to get rid OF BloatWare
BloatWareDelete.zip

Download it and drop onto your SD card (make sure it is not in any folders) just drop onto Main Root Directory...

Reboot into Recovery mode (power off Phone, then hold in VOL Down while pressing Power button)...
then using VOL keys highlight "Recovery" and press power button...
The 3 skateboarding Droids show then you will see an "Android system recovery" screen...

Now using the trackball highlight the "Flash zip from sdcard" line...
press the trackball button in to select... and then select "BloatwareDelete.zip and press trackball button in again...
and now once again press the trackball button to install update to remove "Bloatware apps listed below!

BloatWareDelete.zip Deletes
-AmazonMp3
-Stocks (widgets and app)
-Twitter (Widgets and app)
-HtcFootPrints (Widgets and app)
-Teeter
-Visual Voice Mail
-PDF VIEWER(the adobe one is better than this one, get it on the market)

now press trackball in to "Reboot system now" that should be highlighted!

Phone reboots... No more Bloatware!

— modified on Aug 24, 2010 5:49:56 AM

Aug 24, 2010 7:30:09 AM

Do you know if this will work with an htc hero? And would I have to root it first, or can this zip get rid of the bloatware without rooting? Also, could I reinstall the visual voice mail, after I used this? I actually like the visual voicemail app :)

Aug 24, 2010 11:54:54 AM

Well, it should since the HTC Hero and HTC Droid Eris are basically the same phone with some outer changes. The wikipedia article even combines the phones, if I remember correctly. I believe rooting is a requirement, but there may be a one-click root method for the HTC Hero available somewhere.