Google gesture search

• Replies:7
  • Answered
Toni L.
  • Forum posts: 6

Sep 1, 2010, 7:57:49 AM via App

Has any one noticed gesture search using 60% of your battery resources? I'm thinking of installing it. I have an Evo.

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 1, 2010, 9:46:17 AM via Website

Toni L.
Has any one noticed gesture search using 60% of your battery resources? I'm thinking of installing it. I have an Evo.

I'm assuming you mean you are thinking about uninstalling it. I haven't seen any complaints about the battery usage of the feature, but if you say that it is taking up a lot of battery life, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Toni L.

Sep 2, 2010, 6:37:55 AM via App

I noticed my apps taking longer to load so I checked on what was using the battery and it showed gesture search using 62% and everything else using 5% or less. I disabled it but battery usage is the same.

Toni L.

Sep 6, 2010, 8:09:49 PM via App

Has anyone tried backup apps and if so, what is a good one to use. I think it would be a good idea to backup your apps with all the updates that have been out or even if you were to download a bad app that would freeze your phone. Any thoughts.

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Sep 9, 2010, 6:57:13 AM via Website

Douglas Carter
Maybe Astro File Manager? I know justJay uses one, but I forget which one.

I think the one Jay uses most is called Linda File manager, it allows for backup of apps to sd and reinstall from sd. You can't run them from your sd (unless you have 2.2), but will allow backup.