No Android 2.2 for the Droid Eris

• Replies:2
Casey Beth
  • Forum posts: 79

Sep 17, 2010, 10:38:53 PM via App

the eris is not even a year old yet....are we really going to have to buy a new phone every year?

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Sep 18, 2010, 5:03:17 AM via App

Is there something you where hoping the 2.2 would do for ya that your Eris can't do now?

My girlfriend has the Motorola Droid.. got the 2.2 update.. screwed phone up so bad she had to have Verizon replace it.

Now that she has the new Droid with the 2.2 she doesn't even notice the differences between the 2.1 and the 2.2.

I would say she is your average person when it comes to tech (I do understand that most on this forum are more tech savey).

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it isn't a night to day difference between the 2.1 and 2.2 and if its Flash that everyone is talking about: the Eris with 2.1 already has Flash 7 (its built into the Sense UI) and as for Flash 10.1 (if you feel like you really need it.. which you don't in most cases.. it takes up a lot of app memory) I have posted howto install the 10.1 onto your Eris without Rooting within these forums.

If you are like me and want it all just because you can.. you will have to root your phone like Douglas said earlier in this Thread... just search for Eris or Root in Android Market: and look for Eris one click root... and all your dreams will come true.

But remember: risk come with rooting.. so if you can't afford to buy a new phone at full price you might not want to take the chance.

Also it does void your warranty!

— modified on Sep 18, 2010, 5:12:48 AM