Getting Home with one click: Navigate Home

• Replies:4
Christian Beckel
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 27, 2010, 5:13:05 PM via Website

Hi everybody,

I would like to present my app: [app]Navigate Home[/app]

What it does? It provides a single button which triggers Google's navigation software to navigate you home. I found myself starting, configuring & even adding the address to my navigation system when being in my car and I thought that should go better... and safer :-)

So I would like to share this app with you and receive comments (any features requested?).

You will be charged 50 Euro-Cent (minimum price which is possible in the market). I set a price for two reasons:

a) It shows commitment from my side to the quality of the app (and also to integrate features if requested)
b) I spent quite some time with the whole platform already ;-)

Greetings,

Christian

Christian Beckel
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 27, 2010, 10:08:01 PM via Website

I am sorry - I just read the forum description and found out that only free apps are allowed to be promoted. You are welcome to delete my post (although 50 cent is almost free ;-))

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Sep 28, 2010, 11:32:44 AM via Website

Allowing this app in would open up a Pandora's Box of people saying "well, you let him post with his paid app, why not me?" I'd like to let you post it (as it is as close to free as a paid app can get), but I fear the outcome. For now, consider yourself on-notice/probation/awaiting decision/whatever while I confer with the higher-ups about the whole paid app/free app decision.

I will say that I do like the theory/reasoning behind the app, but doesn't Google Maps already have a feature where it display the last few places that were navigated to? How about posting some screenshots of the interface and what-not? Also, have you considered joining the AndroidPIT developer community?

One last question, do you frequent the German side of AndroidPIT more, or the English side?

— modified on Sep 28, 2010, 5:06:39 PM