MO-Call - Android Mobile VoIP

• Replies:36
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Sep 28, 2010 6:41:02 AM

Hi guys.

I would like to introduce you to MO-Call, which is a popular, free to download Android Mobile VoIP app that enables you to make cheap local and international calls, send low cost SMS and make VoIP calls. MO-Call is supported on over 2000 mobile headsets and is used in over 150 countries.

You can download MO-Call for free from the Android Market if you search for "MO-Call" or you can download MO-Call directly. If you have any comments or feedback, that would be great :) Happy MO-Calling!!

— modified on Sep 28, 2010 6:49:03 AM

Oct 13, 2010 2:37:14 PM

To be honest, I haven't tried it because I have no data plan (only prepaid) and here in Germany, making calls from a cellphone is pretty expensive off contract. Using data off contract is also expensive...The app just isn't something I need right now. I'll try and give it a go once I have signed up onto a data plan.

— modified on Oct 13, 2010 2:38:09 PM

Oct 14, 2010 4:35:19 AM

Douglas Carter
To be honest, I haven't tried it because I have no data plan (only prepaid) and here in Germany, making calls from a cellphone is pretty expensive off contract. Using data off contract is also expensive...The app just isn't something I need right now. I'll try and give it a go once I have signed up onto a data plan.

Hi Douglas, you would only need a data plan if you make VoIP calls over 3G/Wi-Fi over your mobile network operator. Alternatively, you could make VoIP calls using your home Internet/Wi-Fi network. You can find a list of VoIP supported mobile headsets. Don't worry if you can't find your mobile headset as I can provide you the SIP settings once you have registered a MO-Call account, which carries the call over the MO-Call network.

Do you get charged for receiving calls? You could use the MO-Call callback feature where MO-Call will call you back and connect your call.

If you have registered a MO-Call account, I'd be happy to apply some free credit to anyone who wants to trial the service so please let me know.

justJay
I went to the website.. the HTC Eris wasn't listed.

At present, MO-Call is supported on over 2050 mobile phone headsets but is not supported for the HTC Eris. We will look at supporting this very soon so I'll keep you updated. Do you have a spare phone? maybe you could try installing on to that?

Oct 14, 2010 5:58:44 AM

justJay
I see it supports the HTC Hero.. it shouldn't be to different to add support for Eris.. basically the same phone.

We will be looking to update the application very soon. But in the meantime if you have the opportunity, you can install the HTC Hero version and let me know what you think. I'd be happy to credit your account for you can test the application and I'd be keen to hear any comments or feedback you can provide.

Thanks!

— modified on Oct 14, 2010 8:41:56 AM

Oct 14, 2010 6:44:54 AM

justJay
Thanks for the super fast replies.. I'm impressed already and haven't even made a call yet. I'll try to call my friend in England tomorrow from here in the USA

No problem Jay. Let me know how you get on. Look forward to your feedback.
Cheers!

Oct 14, 2010 7:08:57 AM

Tell me more about the SMS feature... can it be used to send sms text msg to someone on a different carrier.. for example.. I'm on Verizon (on only get 500 outside of Verizon's network messages to send/receive) and I have a friend on Sprint that gets unlimited texting to anyone.. would this feature help me in this type of situation.

Oct 14, 2010 7:34:06 AM

justJay
Tell me more about the SMS feature... can it be used to send sms text msg to someone on a different carrier.. for example.. I'm on Verizon (on only get 500 outside of Verizon's network messages to send/receive) and I have a friend on Sprint that gets unlimited texting to anyone.. would this feature help me in this type of situation.

Hi Jay,

Yes it would help you in this regard as the low cost SMS feature can be used to send an SMS to anyone, anywhere in the world. How much do you usually get charged by Verizon when you are outside your 500 bundle?

We added the SMS feature to Android only last month, which you can read more about on the MO-Call Blog.

I have also replied to your email.

— modified on Oct 14, 2010 7:34:40 AM

Oct 14, 2010 8:43:00 AM

justJay
What is it with England.. it seems that they are never listed in any of the special rates. What will it cost me to call England from USA?

Hi Jay,

When you say England, do you mean the United Kingdom? If yes, it is listed under "United Kingdom".

Hope that helps.

— modified on Oct 14, 2010 8:46:41 AM