Battery Problems with my HTC Hero

• Replies:3
Alex Evseev
  • Forum posts: 24

Nov 5, 2010, 12:07:51 AM via Website

Ever since I've updated my Hero to Android 2.1 my battery life has gotten significantly worst. Before I used to be able to keep my phone on a single charge for 4-5 days if I wasn't using Wi-Fi or playing games that used up my battery. Now the battery dies within a day and a half even when I barely use Wi-Fi or anything.

Is it possible that there is some sort of connection? If I want to replace the battery, is there a way to get one that lasts longer? I just really love my HTC Hero and I don't feel like getting a different phone.

Thanks!

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 5, 2010, 4:15:45 PM via Website

How long have you had your phone for, and when did you upgrade? After a while, the battery in a device starts to wear down and not hold it's charge as well.

This page recommends completely draining your battery, as the phone may be incorrectly reporting the amount of battery life in the phone. Read about it here about 1/3 to midway down, or read the whole thread to be really informed: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/android/thread?tid=44e36d0872d31355&hl=en

If that doesn't help, this page might interest you if you feel like buying a new battery: http://www.htcheroblog.com/2010/02/14/mugen-power-1550mah-3200mah-htc-hero-battery-review/4/

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Nov 5, 2010, 5:43:41 PM via Website

Click link below to view many suggestions about battery life..

RE: android battery issues
created on Jun 17, 2010 12:19:56 AM (about AndroidPIT-App)

"Turning off Blue-tooth and WiFi when not needed, lowering brightness to about 40%, and reducing how often apps and email refresh all seem to help on my HTC Eris. Also look in setting as to what's using your battery the most.. I had savvy shopper bar-code reader until I noticed how much battery it used."

— modified on Nov 5, 2010, 5:46:20 PM

Alexia Keahey
  • Forum posts: 21

Jun 15, 2011, 2:36:57 PM via Website

my HTC hero was also facing the same problem.
thanks Douglas Carter for useful links