Help With motorla backflip....can't text!

• Replies:4
kdr
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 6:12:01 AM via Website

Hi,

I just bought the motorola backflip in august through ATT and for the past month i cannot send text messages to verizon phones. i can receive them and i can make calls but just can't get my text messages to go through. I have no other texting issues with any other carrier just can't send them to verizon phones.

The phone shows them as sent but they are never received.

Calling tech support is completely useless and they are basically complete and utter morons both ATT tech and the dedicated Android Tech support department. Have had the phone reset, new sim card, attempted the update the software but found out i'm running the latest software.

The phone is still under warranty and they are giving me a hard time returning it until we have exhausted all options in trying to fix the phone but i've spent about 7 hours with tech support so far and they can't fix it yet they wont' just let me exchange it for a new one.

If anyone has a similar problem or suggestion please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

KDR

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Nov 19, 2010, 11:02:50 AM via Website

Have you tried any other texting apps besides the one that came with the phone? Can you tell me what version of Android your phone is running? An update to Android 2.1 should be hitting your handset soon, which might fix your problem. It isn't guaranteed, but it's worth a try. If you already have Android 2.1 installed, then I don't know what other options you have besides dealing with it or returning it (somehow).

Steven Luttrell
  • Forum posts: 17

Dec 15, 2010, 7:19:38 PM via App

most likely a carrier issue. whenever I used to go through verizon I had dropped calls and missed texts more often than not and they still charged me for them. it could also be as simple as the area you live in, too. rural areas tend to have a lot of problems like that. if you live in a city, though, I would definitely say its verizon. that's the main reason I stopped going through them and went back to att. never once had a problem with them, their service or their phones. they cost a little more than everyone else, but you also get what you pay for, too. think of it this way: when you buy tires for you car, you wouldn't go to a junk yard, would you? no, you'd go to the local goodyear and pick up some new radials, right? verizon may have a bunch of neat phones, but their service, in my experience, have been like the" junk yard". honestly I don't think you have anything to worry about. tell your friends they should reconsider their carriers.

justJay
  • Forum posts: 757

Dec 17, 2010, 4:13:23 AM via App

Have you tried it both with and without WiFi on... might sound funny.. but Verizon phones have issues with some texting features if you have WiFi on and are actually connected to a WiFi signal.. on my phone.. if I get a mms text msg.. I can't download the picture until I turn off WiFi.

Also.. if you use the Verizon app to keep track of your account.. minutes.. etc. it has the same problem.

— modified on Dec 17, 2010, 4:14:06 AM