newbee to android

• Replies:3
Sidhanth Sharma
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 8, 2011, 6:51:28 AM via Website

hi,
I am an computer science undergrad and probally will be going to use an android phone that is htc wildfire.i have experience in java and want to start developing apps for wildfire.Can anyone one tell me how to proceed

Douglas Carter
  • Forum posts: 1,891

Mar 9, 2011, 1:11:21 PM via Website

I would first suggest that you get another phone than the wildfire. The wildfire has the smallest supported screen in Android. You might want some more resolution if you are going to be developing programs. Just a suggestion.

For help with developing, check out Google's Android Development site here, and check out these getting-started guides.

Sidhanth Sharma
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 12, 2011, 2:10:47 PM via Website

Sir ,financial crunch ...can't afford a new phone m still an undergrad so kindly please help me with the wildfire ........would be of gr8 help

Jeremiah
  • Forum posts: 775

Mar 14, 2011, 1:09:31 PM via Website

Sidhanth Sharma
Sir ,financial crunch ...can't afford a new phone m still an undergrad so kindly please help me with the wildfire ........would be of gr8 help

The main problem with the wildfire is the small screen resolution. Here is a guide on developing for all screen sizes: http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html