Tablet Help

• Replies:62
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Mar 16, 2011 9:06:00 PM via Website

OK just bought a Chinese Android powered tablet pc and am having problems getting apps. The unit is a MID, WonderMedia Wm8650, and every time i click on the app market it is all in chinese. I have set all the lauguage to english and so on but it is still in chinese. I have attempted to try to download apps from the andrion market web site but , that also is failing. Did i just get screwed,or is therea way to update this thing to get apps in english..

Thanks
M

Ps not sure if this is even the proper forum for this tablet???

Pss .. THe tablet is using android version 2.2 ,, build number generic-eng Froyo v1.1.1-20110217.154319

— modified on Mar 16, 2011 9:09:23 PM

Mar 16, 2011 11:38:57 PM via Website

Yes I have the same table and the same problem.

I think we need to get root access to delete the market and reinstall it but I still dont know how.

ON the other hand can you see flash video directly from the website???

I can not and I dont know why??

Well still a lot of thing to solve with this MID.

Keep in touch

Mar 17, 2011 12:38:44 PM via Website

I can't say anything about the build quality of the app market on that tablet, but I would say that it likely is connected to a third-party chinese app database. Your tablet does not come with the Android Market pre-installed, and because of that, you will not be able to access the Android Market.

Instead you are forced to use third-party app stores. I would recommend AndroidPIT's App Center. It has many of the same functions that the Android Market does, including browsing for apps on our market from your PC, and installing them onto your device from there.

Mar 24, 2011 2:33:07 PM via Website

I just got 3 of these devices. I am having the same problems as you, plus more. I can't access the google android market. The screen capture doesn't work. I can get on cnn.com and view a small news flash video, but it's so choppy and laggy, it's not worth watching. I have to push icons 2 or 3 times to get them to go. I put a movie on it and there is distortion in light areas. The same movie plays flawlessly on my other android devices. If I had only bought one device I would just throw it away, but I bought 3, so I would like to know if there are any answers for this. I have asked the seller about these problems but no answer yet. Please let me know what you find out!

Mar 25, 2011 11:16:33 AM via Website

Hi Li

It is not a rom is just the flash program to install in the table.

The link is working so you can download it from the link that I wrote.

Good luck

Apr 7, 2011 9:27:18 PM via Website

i have the same problem with my a-pad, have u managed 2 resolve this issue yet? if so can u now help me by posting the instructions xx thanks and best wishes.

Apr 7, 2011 10:53:14 PM via Website

Yes you just have to download the file, decompress on the root of the sd card ( no inside to any folder) and from the epad install the flash file, and should work well. did you do that?

Apr 11, 2011 9:11:27 PM via Website

i have the same tablet and am having slightly different problems. i cant add my gmail acct to it and whenever i go to the market it says i dont have active internet which is untrue because i can get on the browser. someone please help me!

Apr 11, 2011 9:29:48 PM via Website

Hi, the best is that you change the ROM which is like the operating system.

Go to this website

http://techknow.freeforums.org/roms-f87.html

donwload this rom: WM8650_Android2.2_1.2.2_20110409 *LATEST*

descompress it and copy all the files in the root of the sd card. then turn off the table put the card and turn on the table (with full battery) then wait some 5 min and you will have a new and better operating system.

For more detail read that forum.

Good luck

Apr 19, 2011 10:15:43 PM via Website

Please download the file from below address:
http://www.0755-sg.cn/m009s_en_update.rar
to another computer, then unzip the file, it will create a file: "m009s_en_update.apk".
Copy the file "m009s_en_update.apk" to a micro sd card, and then do as belwo:
1. turn on your android tablet pc, and then insert the micro sd card into
the tablet.
2. press the icon "File Browser" on the desktop, and then press icon "SD",
you will see the file "m009s_en_update.apk" in the file list.
3. press the file "m009s_en_update.apk", it will show "Replace application",
press "OK". and then press "install".
4. after several seconds, it will be installed, and will show "Application
installed", press "Open" or "Done", then App market will be changed in english."

Works like a charm! Cheers

May 12, 2011 10:59:14 PM via Website

HEY MOLLES i can not get this rom to work. i followed dir. ot the end but all i get is a black screne that said wm8650 wmdroid 2.2 upgradeing ... its been like that for 24 hours almost. please help!!!!!!!!!

— modified on May 12, 2011 11:00:46 PM

May 14, 2011 7:26:39 AM via Website

Just got this device. Did you resolve your issue? Mine is frequently locking up. Hoping to find something to make it more stable.

I did install the above linked APK and had no problems. Sounds like you have experienced the same lock ups as me. I would force a shutdown and try again after reboot.

I want to get GMAIL and the Android Market to run on it if possible, but for now I would just be satisfied with getting the 3rd part market to work in English.

Dolphin Browser HD is available from the App Market, I use that browser on my Android phones and it is by far the best browser. Seems to run better on the 8650 than the default browser does.

— modified on May 14, 2011 8:05:21 AM

Oct 22, 2011 5:41:19 AM via Website

Actually I just bought the same tablet and the workaround is quite simple once you figure out how. First download the Android market app from here http://www.multiupload.com/2TRUW4L630 the set it up and register for account...close app. Second download the Facebook App from here http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/apk/facebook Install the Facebook app and logon.....then run the Android market app and then your in like Flynn. Also try the Amazon.com app store...some great apps as well...get that here http://amzn.to/getappstore Hope this helps..!!

Oct 22, 2011 5:44:49 AM via Website

Douglas Carter
I can't say anything about the build quality of the app market on that tablet, but I would say that it likely is connected to a third-party chinese app database. Your tablet does not come with the Android Market pre-installed, and because of that, you will not be able to access the Android Market.

Instead you are forced to use third-party app stores. I would recommend AndroidPIT's App Center. It has many of the same functions that the Android Market does, including browsing for apps on our market from your PC, and installing them onto your device from there.
NOT TRUE I got the Android Market working fine...see my post below

Oct 22, 2011 5:46:25 AM via Website

molles
Hi, the best is that you change the ROM which is like the operating system.

Go to this website

http://techknow.freeforums.org/roms-f87.html

donwload this rom: WM8650_Android2.2_1.2.2_20110409 *LATEST*

descompress it and copy all the files in the root of the sd card. then turn off the table put the card and turn on the table (with full battery) then wait some 5 min and you will have a new and better operating system.

For more detail read that forum.

Good luck
YOU DONT have to ROOT the device...there is an easy way to do it...see my Post 5 min solution