16 GB SD Card only showing 1.83 GB space available

• Replies:3
Den D.
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 22, 2011, 4:47:31 PM via Website

Hello,

I'm new to Droid X and have an issue with my SD card.

Supposedly, it is 16 GB, but it is showing total space of only 1.83 GB. Available space is listed as 1.77 GB. The card is mounted.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Apr 23, 2011, 4:39:07 AM via App

just to clarify, your saying that your mdx is not reading your sd card?

have you tried setting >safely unmount sd card>remove sd card>turn the mdx off>take sd card off>take battery out for 1minute>put sd card back>battery back >turn mdx on>

now if your sd card has been properly formatted, it will automatically read your sd card.
however if it needs to be formatted, it will ask you if you want the mdx to format and say yes and you'll know when its done and you should be good to go.

btw, go to market download diskusuage by ivan volosyuk, it will give you more detailed info on what's using internal and sd card memories.

goodluck and let us knows on how it goes. :-)

English is my second Language :-)

Den D.
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 23, 2011, 5:20:57 PM via Website

Hi Irene,

Well, it turns out that though I purchased the X a few weeks ago, instead of having a 16 GB card installed, it is only 2 GB.

Since Verizon's advertising and the customer service rep both said it was 16 GB, Verizon is sending me a new 16GB card, and I will return the 2 GB to them.

I had to make a fuss, but they finally gave in!

ireneL
  • Forum posts: 114

Apr 23, 2011, 5:57:28 PM via App

glad to hear that your able to return the strip down mdx for the real one.lol

make sure vzw don't charge you for they're mistakes.

mine is 16gb internal plus 32gb sd card.

you can buy the chinese version sdcard and use music player with a removable sdcard to format the chinese version.

now the
mdx you got coming in the mail, I suggest you play with the setting on the browser, it will give you the desktop-android-iphone option. I alternate between desktop and android.:-)

English is my second Language :-)