How do I transfer movies to HTC Desire HD?

• Replies:3
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 7, 2011 2:38:26 PM

Whenever I plug in my HTC Desire HD, I can't find the correct file to transfer movies to. Has anyone transferred movies to their HTC Desire HD? How did you do it? Please help!

Jun 7, 2011 2:42:57 PM

To get movies on my my HTC Desire HD I first connect to my desktop PC in USB disk drive mode.

I don't like the Android default folder structures so I keep all my personal stuff in one place. I created a folder in the root of my SD card called Steven's Stuff and a sub folder called Movies.

I then dragged and drop some movies to the Movies folder.

I disconnect the HTC Desire HD from my desktop PC.

I start the Videos app and it scanned my whole SD card and finds all my Movies (also works for pictures).

So far the HTC Desire HD has played every movie file I have thrown at it and there has been no need to scale down to a smaller format for mobile phones. Very impressive.

Jun 16, 2011 2:03:09 PM

Steven Blum
To get movies on my my HTC Desire HD I first connect to my desktop PC in USB disk drive mode.

I don't like the Android default folder structures so I keep all my personal stuff in one place. I created a folder in the root of my SD card called Steven's Stuff and a sub folder called Movies.

I then dragged and drop some movies to the Movies folder.

I disconnect the HTC Desire HD from my desktop PC.

I start the Videos app and it scanned my whole SD card and finds all my Movies (also works for pictures).

So far the HTC Desire HD has played every movie file I have thrown at it and there has been no need to scale down to a smaller format for mobile phones. Very impressive.

Hi Steven
It will be great if you can specify which exactly is the root folder of the SD card . I connected HTC dhd to the PC and then went to the removable disk .There I got confused as I was not able to search the root folder.

Thanks,
Mona