How do I transfer movies to HTC Desire HD?

• Replies:6
Ben Dreyfuss
  • Forum posts: 37

Jun 7, 2011, 2:38:26 PM via Website

Whenever I plug in my HTC Desire HD, I can't find the correct file to transfer movies to. Has anyone transferred movies to their HTC Desire HD? How did you do it? Please help!

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Jun 7, 2011, 2:42:57 PM via Website

To get movies on my my HTC Desire HD I first connect to my desktop PC in USB disk drive mode.

I don't like the Android default folder structures so I keep all my personal stuff in one place. I created a folder in the root of my SD card called Steven's Stuff and a sub folder called Movies.

I then dragged and drop some movies to the Movies folder.

I disconnect the HTC Desire HD from my desktop PC.

I start the Videos app and it scanned my whole SD card and finds all my Movies (also works for pictures).

So far the HTC Desire HD has played every movie file I have thrown at it and there has been no need to scale down to a smaller format for mobile phones. Very impressive.

Mona
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 16, 2011, 2:03:09 PM via Website

Steven Blum
To get movies on my my HTC Desire HD I first connect to my desktop PC in USB disk drive mode.

I don't like the Android default folder structures so I keep all my personal stuff in one place. I created a folder in the root of my SD card called Steven's Stuff and a sub folder called Movies.

I then dragged and drop some movies to the Movies folder.

I disconnect the HTC Desire HD from my desktop PC.

I start the Videos app and it scanned my whole SD card and finds all my Movies (also works for pictures).

So far the HTC Desire HD has played every movie file I have thrown at it and there has been no need to scale down to a smaller format for mobile phones. Very impressive.

Hi Steven
It will be great if you can specify which exactly is the root folder of the SD card . I connected HTC dhd to the PC and then went to the removable disk .There I got confused as I was not able to search the root folder.

Thanks,
Mona

xiamia
  • Forum posts: 98

Apr 28, 2017, 5:37:12 AM via Website

If you want to transfer movies from PC to HTC Desire HD, first connect it to computer via USB Cable, start a HTC data manager progarm, then you can directly move movies to it.

— modified on May 2, 2017, 4:48:33 AM

samsam93
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 14, 2018, 10:29:05 PM via Website

Connect the device to a computer using the supplied USB cable.

If necessary, touch and hold the Status bar (area at the top of the phone screen with the time, signal strength, etc.) then drag to the bottom. The image below is merely an example.
Tap the USB icon then select File Transfers

DIDIBear
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 17, 2018, 8:47:35 AM via Website

You can downloaded a free program called Syncios Manager, connect your Huawei phone to computer and start this program. After your phone is detected, go to Media > Video, click "Add" to import movies from computer to your phone. By the way, the program also supports online video downloading. Quite convenient for me.