Samsung Galaxy S2 — Speaker and mic problem when calling someone.

• Replies:36
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jan 23, 2012 3:59:21 PM

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I got my phone about a week ago and everyone I call complains about the quality of the connection. There seems to be a time delay between when I speak and when they hear it. It's the same from my end too. It sounds echoey liek I'm callign someone on viber across teh other side of the world on 3G. Very annoying.

Is there anythign I can do? I'm not sure how to check what version of Firmware I have.

I'm new here so please be gentle.

Jan 23, 2012 4:53:39 PM

That actually sounds like a connection issue to me but I'm not an expert. To check what version of Android you have on your galaxy s2 go to settings>about phone> software update and that should show you if you have the latest version of Android. The Galaxy S2 is supposed to get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich soon so you might want to check every now and then in the next months.

Feb 7, 2012 1:44:04 PM

Hello,
I'm having the same problem with my samsung galaxy sii, gingerbread.xwk14, android 2.3.4.
I cannot hear very well the caller.
I have the latest version of the software and the problem persists.
Are you still facing the problem?

Thanks and regards,

Feb 8, 2012 12:57:05 PM

If your phone is rooted, there are steps you can take to fight it, such as installing a new radio on your phone. You might be better off taking it to a store to see if its a hardware related issue though, since no hack or mod can fix hardware if its faulty.

— modified on Feb 8, 2012 12:57:12 PM

Feb 16, 2012 8:16:27 AM

I use a Samsung galaxy Y and i also have the same thing. While talking to someone over this phone the voice creates echo.
I have talked to the network provider but they say everything is okay from their side.
so the problem is in the phone itself.
i guess this is not any software problem rather the hardware issues.
Most of my near and dear ones, are frustrated talking to me over my phone. the voice creates a horrible echo and they cut my call.
I think iam going to get a new LUMIA.
It looks amazing and not a single issue as of now from any user worldwide related to the hardware or the software.

Feb 20, 2012 10:11:04 AM

This could be the firmware 2.3.3 . There have been many complaints of call quality with this version. especially Vodafone.

I recommend updateting to 2.3.6 - the Modem is brand new and much better. I have a GS2 and had some minor call quality issues and started updateing to 2.3.5 and they dissapeard. I am now running 4.03 but the 2.3.6 is solid. See link and instructions below.

in the link below there is also a link to the XDA site in English.
http://www.android-hilfe.de/original-firmwares-fuer-samsung-galaxy-s2/200494-neue-2-3-6-i9100xwla4-germany-i9100dbtkh1.html

Good luck

Apr 10, 2012 11:05:48 PM

I am having the same problem. I've had the phone for about a month. Seems this start happening on day 2. Turning the phone off and back on clears up the problem every time. It is a random issue but very annoying. Have missed important business calls because of it. Tried to do the firmware update identified but phone tells me there is no firmware when I select the firmware option from settings. I am going to ask T-Mobile to replace this one unless an easier solution pops up.

Apr 13, 2012 4:28:01 PM

The trick is you have to place a call, best way to solve this is when you take a second phone.
Now call the second phone from your galaxy s2 and answer the call from the second phone.
During the call you can press the menu button bottom left. It will show you as last option
Soundreduction on/off press that and the problem is gone. Press it twice to activate Soundreduction again.
This problem came with the latest firmware update. So please fix it android or Samsung.

I hope it works for you as it did for me.

May 21, 2013 5:34:26 PM

The problem with the Galaxy S2 speaker is that it is place at the bottom of the phone near the microphone. so when you use the speaker during a telephone call there is feedback from the microphone to the speaker. I brought my Galaxy S2 to a sprint store and they wanted to charge me for defective speaker repair, so we tested by using the store display phone and the same problem was duplicated. Solution was only to get the S3. And hey guess what, the speaker is located at the bottom again for the Galaxy S41 HEH maybe planned obsolescence. Samsung baits you with a top quality camera phone and then tosses in a bad design feature.

Jun 21, 2013 7:07:50 AM

When the problem occurs just press the volume up button. It will show the volume of speaker along with setting icon. Tap the setting icon and check the mic volume. It should not be 0.

For me randomly the mic volume was setting as 0 because of which I was able to hear the other person voice but my voice was not audible.

Let me know if this helps!