Welcome to the new HTC ChaCha forum!

• Replies:194
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Feb 8, 2012 1:00:54 PM via Website

Really weird. I would firstly try going into settings, apps, facebook, force stop, clear data, clear cache, and then seeing if that corrects it. If that doesnt help, try reinstalling facebook again.

Feb 8, 2012 1:34:15 PM via Website

Hello, My ChaCha phone was working just fine till a couple of days ago..My facebook app updated and now it syncs every 10-15 minutes or so which drains my battery and my 3G connection limit...In the settings it's set to sync once per day so I don't understand the problem. I tried changing the setting then getting it back to once a day again but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Feb 8, 2012 2:48:21 PM via Website

Hisham Yousry
Hello, My ChaCha phone was working just fine till a couple of days ago..My facebook app updated and now it syncs every 10-15 minutes or so which drains my battery and my 3G connection limit...In the settings it's set to sync once per day so I don't understand the problem. I tried changing the setting then getting it back to once a day again but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Have you checked once per day in the Android phone settings AND in the Facebook app settings?

Feb 13, 2012 12:31:42 AM via Website

Hi,

On my HTC Cha Cha, the messages only show the phone number of the person it is from. I was wondering if anyone knows how to get it to show the name of the person? Please.

:)

Feb 13, 2012 2:12:24 PM via Website

If you have the name of the person stored in your contacts list, it should automatically show the name. If you only have the number stored, only it will show up.

Feb 13, 2012 8:02:58 PM via Website

Yeah I do have the persons' names in my contact list. It did show the names until a couple of days ago when it changed to only showing the numbers, which is why it is wierd lol.

— modified on Feb 13, 2012 8:03:39 PM

Feb 14, 2012 10:27:48 AM via Website

Ah, I know what to do! Most likely, you didn't enter in the area code of the person who sent you those text messages. That's why it shows up as another number, instead of as a contact. Try entering the number, including 1 + the area code, in the contact. Most likely the person called you from outside the area or you got the call while roaming and that's why it showed up as a number instead of a name. Easily fixable.

Feb 18, 2012 2:24:00 PM via Website

Hey
My HTC ChaCha won't turn on wifi
it says turning on, then scanning then back to turning on and it just keeps doing it then says error
i have tryed factory reseting it and it made no difference
does anyone know anything i can do about it?
as it wont let me connect to the internet at all because of it
many thanks,
millie

Feb 20, 2012 1:48:50 PM via Website

The wifi bar doesnt appear at all, and all of my other devices e.g ipod touch connect perfectly fine
Also my sim is 3G and i cant even connect to the internet through that

Feb 23, 2012 11:14:58 PM via Website

Steven Blum
That is very strange. I would have recommended to you App2SD but it seems like you've already moved them to your SD card. It could be that you've simply just installed too many apps but it could be that your phone is full of junkware installed by the manufacturer and carrier. In that case, the only way to get rid of these apps would be too root your phone. I can help you find information on how to do so if you're interested..

Low Storage is the biggest problem about this phone!! Its furstrating that I unistall all the apps the htc recommends (which are over 2mb) and then i cant install tweetdeck which is 812Kb(!!!!). The problem is with all the programs that are twitter clients such as seesmic or tweecaster etc which seem to be on SD card but when I check it on the "SD card" list it's not there..and there isnt the possibility to move it anywhere (neither SD card either HTC). It is BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont believe root is the solution...maybe htc has to do something about it!!!! Maybe an update or something, it is fucked up!

Mar 1, 2012 6:06:51 AM via Website

Hi, just got a HTC chacha and upgraded the firmware. I have set the volume levels to maximum. However, on a call, the earpiece volume seems very low (yes, i did set it to max while on call :) ).
I wonder if there is way to enter the debug mode and adjust RX / TX decibel levels. I know this as I adjusted these levels in my old Samsung galaxy phone and it was loud and clear.
Anybody knows how I can do this?

Mar 6, 2012 3:31:47 AM via Website

hello
i have a htc status since September but everytime i try to send a picture to my friends it will say "cannot send, generic network failure" i've taken out my battery but it keeps saying that. any help??

Mar 6, 2012 10:20:12 AM via Website

Can you connect to the internet normally with your phone? Can you send other types of data with your phone? How are you trying to send the pictures? Via text or email or what?

The better you can describe the problem the more likely it is that someone can find a solution....

Mar 6, 2012 7:33:20 PM via Website

i can access the internet, the way im sending my pictures is before i send a text i press the paperclip icon and i choose a picture from my pictures.