Best anti-theft app

• Replies:8
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jul 14, 2011 11:37:31 AM via Website

Hi everyone,

Friend got her phone stolen recently with all her pictures, contact info and everything. Super scary. I'm looking for a security app that doesn't cost too much (I'll pay a very small monthly fee if I have to, but would rather not) that can allow me to track, wipe and ring my lost phone. What's the best one out there? Thanks!

Sep 22, 2011 1:06:48 PM via Website

Android Addict
Hi everyone,

Friend got her phone stolen recently with all her pictures, contact info and everything. Super scary. I'm looking for a security app that doesn't cost too much (I'll pay a very small monthly fee if I have to, but would rather not) that can allow me to track, wipe and ring my lost phone. What's the best one out there? Thanks!

Check out SecuDroid, you won't have to pay any fees and you will be able to track, wipe, ring and even take pictures to find out who's got your phone.

Sep 22, 2011 3:36:21 PM via Website

Android Addict said:
I'll pay a very small monthly fee if I have to, but would rather not

I mean that you just have to pay for the app when you purchase it. It's around $1 (0.99 euro) but I guess that it will be more expensive when it becomes more popular. And you don't have to pay any fees.

I like the way SecuDroid works because it doesn't communicate with 3rd party servers. Personally, I don't want any app with a huge set of permissions to connect somewhere and leave my sensitive data (pictures, SMS, locations, ...) in the cloud.

Sep 22, 2011 4:34:55 PM via Website

Aaron Tilton
@mondroid Id agree with that... not that I keep incriminating info on my phone but it is really better to be safe then sorry.

hehe definitely! you never know... :D

Have a look at: http://thisguyhasmymacbook.tumblr.com/. I think it's really cool that you can do the same thing with SecuDroid from your Android device...