How long does it normally take to charge

• Replies:6
Raj P.
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 25, 2011, 6:56:45 PM via Website

So my Wildfire takes like 3-4 hours to fully charge. Is this normal? I feel like that's way too long of a time. Am I doing something wrong?

Jenny Preston
  • Forum posts: 47

Aug 25, 2011, 7:00:46 PM via Website

I have the same exact issue. some tech guys told me that the contact piece in the phone or on the chord is faulty so that not the fully amount of energy is being transmitted. hopefully, it's just a problem with the cord. Maybe you could try and replace it. It didn't work for me because the problem is with the phone itslef.

Lilly Righteous

Zhu Lee
  • Forum posts: 28

Aug 25, 2011, 7:01:42 PM via Website

I would also suggest replacing the battery. It could be that it is no longer responsive. But generally speaking investing in a new phone would be advisable since the Wildfire is pretty out of date.

Raj P.

Aug 25, 2011, 7:02:17 PM via Website

Getting a new phone??? I just got the thing. I can't be buying new phones every couple of months-

Lilly Righteous
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 25, 2011, 7:03:37 PM via Website

If you still got a warranty on that I would suggest returning it. A battery should fully charge within 90 minutes. Now are you connecting it to a USB slot on your computer or directly to the socket?

Raj P.

Aug 25, 2011, 7:04:28 PM via Website

Good idea! I have always been using the computer so maybe the USB port is broken. Let me try to find the socket adapter and I'll get back to you. thanks!

Greig Clement
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 11:50:53 PM via Website

I just got a Wildfire S and it took 3 hours to charge using the provided power adapter. I wouldn't be too game to attempt a charge through a PC USB port just yet.