HTC ChaCha — "R " on the notification bar.

• Replies:4
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Dec 3, 2011 8:10:34 AM

Hi there
On my HTC ChaCha I have a "R" on the notification bar just above the signal strength bars I don't know how to remove this or what it is trying to tell me sometimes the "R" changes to a "X" if that happens a notice comes on on the screen saying emergency calls only.

I have 2 HTC ChaCha phones the second one (used by my wife ) does't act like this at all.

Please can somebody help me to sort this problem.

Regards :

Hans Brunott.

Dec 6, 2011 12:35:47 PM

I couldn't find anything similar in the posts on our site or online but it might be that you have a simcard issue. I had something similar with my old Vodafone card a couple of years ago. I'd try switching the sim cards on your phone for a day or two and see if the problem doesn't replecate itself on your wife's phone. If it does, then it's a sim card issue. If your phone still has the error with your wife's sim in it, then it's a problem with either the phones hardware / software or your providers network. In that case I would contact the store where you got the phone and see if they can do something about it.

Hope that helps.

Dec 9, 2011 6:26:06 AM

Hi there I will come back to you as soon as I know anything so-far I have heart nothing from the store since last monday when the phoned my, to say that if I get the "X" instead of the "R" thats when the phone shows ( EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY ) I MUST SWITCH OFF THE PHONE AN TRY AGAIN , Looks like a other case of incompetent staff, I can't phone them because the keep there phone on fax mode , The shop in question is Telcom 8.ta in Gape gate Brackenfell Cape town. I told them to send it in for repair , I just have to wait for them to contact me .