Google Galaxy Nexus — Wondering whether to buy the Nexus or the Galaxy S2?

• Replies:8
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Dec 7, 2011 6:06:51 PM via Website

I am in a bit of a pickle. I've played around with (and loved) my friend's Galaxy S2, but I'm conflicted because I also think the Galaxy Nexus will be a superior device but I'm not sure it'll be worth the extra $100 for me. I think ICS is great and all, but is it really worth almost a third more than the Galaxy Nexus? I'm not so sure, and especially considering the fact that the device won't be as thin as promised, I'm thinking the SGS2 will be the way to go. Am I crazy??

Mar 16, 2012 11:07:55 AM via Website

I was wondering as well but decided to go with the Galaxy Nexus because, frankly, I'd rather have a pure ICS experience than some bloatware and I think ROMS are imperfect creatures. I have to say I have NOT been disappointed. The Galaxy Nexus is an amazing device, and the only strike against it is its somewhat plasticky feel, but the Galaxy S2 has the same problem. Where I bought it, the Nexus was only about $50 more expensive (off-contract) -- totally worth it in my opinion.

Mar 16, 2012 1:52:00 PM via Website

I prefer the Gs2 to the nexus... I guess it is personal preference. I also think the camera in the GS2 is Much better. I use my phone to take lots of photos of the kids and stuff so it was the Gs2 for me.. I was dissapointed with the Nexus in photo tests-.

Sep 4, 2012 8:38:41 AM via Website

I think one have to switch to galaxy s2, it would be kind of smart bet. It have damn huge screen, simple user controls and brilliant user interface and I guess that what makes it cool.