Rooting the HTC Amaze

• Replies:1
Julian Mantin
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 2:31:47 AM via Website

Hello my fellow Amaze users,

So I have just attempted to root my HTC Amaze. I unlocked my bootloader successfully, and followed the directions on http://www.redmondpie.com/root-htc-amaze-4g-on-android-2.3.4-gingerbread-permanently-with-one-click-root-how-to-tutorial/ to root my phone.

The first couple of tries, I ran the rooting program and nothing happened. I realized that this is because I extracted the original rooting program into a different folder. So then I moved the folder to the correct path and tried once more. Everything seemed to go smoothly until the end of the phase where I assume it's supposed to reboot my phone. Except instead, it ended up in a start-up loop cycle (the screen where the little android rockets into the air followed by an htc amaze logo). After about what seemed like 15-20 min of looping, it finally booted with many of the phone's features disables. To name a couple: lack of service, no vibration on touch, no widgets.
After a few seconds of panicking, I decided to reboot my phone. Thankfully, the phone booted back to the way I left it before attempting to root it (I'm assuming rooting didn't complete).

I'm kind of scared at this point. What was the cause of this? Should I risk it and attempt to root it once more?

Stephen Allen
  • Forum posts: 7

Jul 5, 2012, 2:18:13 AM via App

Did you get it fixed? Have the same model & was wondering if you had any advice to offer?