AndroidPit App Center Improvent Suggestions

• Replies:3
DieBagger
  • Forum posts: 4

Jan 31, 2012, 5:38:10 PM via Website

Hi guys,

after using androidpit for a while and having published an app on the app center I'd like to share my thought and "wishlist" with you. I really like your site and I think the app center is one of the most promising alternative markets, yet nothing is ever perfect so here it goes: ;)

The App Center Android app doesn't feel like a fully native android app, more like a mobile-optimized web page. Since androidpit is exclusively offering android apps, I'd have excpected an app store to have the native Android look&feel. Not saying that it doesn't look good (it does), but it's the view that I would have expected when I open it on my mobile webbrowser.

It is also pretty complicated to figure out how to get to the "App Center" apk file if you are using a desktop browser. While the ideal case would be if you could download it via the android market (guess google doesn't allow that), at least a prominent link on the website would be nice.

From a developer point of view, I would like to be able to give away free copies of an app to selected group of people (testers, translators, friends). I saw that there is the option to pay with "Voucher Code", but I didn't find any info on what kind of voucher this is. Also I haven't found any information about the "beta" apps that developers can publish.

Thanks for listening...

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 1, 2012, 3:07:31 PM via Website

Hi DieBagger,

Thank you for your feedback on this. Its much appreciated. I agree on a lot of the points you have said, and will pass along your recommendations to the team.

Eric

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 21

Feb 24, 2012, 4:05:14 PM via Website

I'm also confused with voucher functionality....

Does it mean that I can give some vouchers to my users and they can spend them in AndroidPIT? It would be AWESOME feature that would be beneficial for both AndroidPIT and developers.

I also don't understand what https://www.nextpit.com/en/android/developers/uploadLicenses means. Is it related to the vouchers? Or what is format of license keys?

I would LOVE to see some documentation related to this functionality.

Carl Simon
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 23, 2012, 7:29:15 PM via Website

Finding the app is over my head. Please simplify for we less educated.