Rooted my phone

• Replies:2
amanda jane
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 12, 2012, 11:13:30 PM via Website

I rooted my phone today and everything went great, I have the HTC Chacha.
I installed titanium backup and backed up some apps that cam installed on the phone (i.e books, maps,) and then uninstalled them, I have rooted every previous android phone I have had and had no problems anyway, I popped out for 30 minutes come back and my phone touch screen wouldn't let me pull the ring to unlock the screen, So I pulled the battery out to restart it and when it restarted it did a factory reset, I think I may have deleted something via titanium backup thats stop the unlock but anyway I had to reinstall titanium back up and I have lost all my back ups so I cant restore them.

Does anyone know how to get my phone back to how it was :(

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Feb 13, 2012, 2:13:22 PM via Website

Ouch. Unfortunately, if you deleted your SD card, there isnt really a way to get that data back. If you want to get your device back to the way it was when you bought it, you ll have to unroot it. :(

Christophe L.
  • Forum posts: 15

May 16, 2012, 3:44:42 PM via App

I don't think really that you could have uninstalled a critical system app, because I think that the unlock is the mission of the framework. Did you backed up your apps? If you tried already so much and it doesn't works, Google HTC chacha stoch rom. find I guide on internet how to flash roms to your chacha. a stock rom is the unmodifyed android os. so flash the stock rom and install your backup app and restore your apps. sorry if then you lost so much but I don't know any other way :/