Using the Computer to Download apps

• Replies:4
clif davis
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 31, 2012, 11:26:45 AM via Website

Greetings. Being new to the forum, I have looked and not found what I am looking for.

I use a Lenovo S2005A-H IdeaTab.

Since it is a Chinese device there are many issues with getting into English apps.
I have succeeded in getting the App Center installed but somethings that show in the computer don't show up in the phone AppCenter.

Is there a way to download the apps to the computer then move them to the phone to install?

Thanks for your patience.

Clif Davis.

Andreas V.
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 7,352

Mar 31, 2012, 5:10:08 PM via Website

Hi Clif,

welcome to AndroidPIT!

unfortunately it´s not legally possible to download the Apps first to your PC. If the App isn´t shown in the App Center on your tablet it means that the configuration does not match the requiered ones.

clif davis
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 31, 2012, 5:27:45 PM via Website

Thanks for the reply.
in one of the first messages I posted in the forum someone asked me if I could install apk (s) from my computer.

I have a couple on the computer now, is there a way to move those to the phone and use them?

Thanks.

Clif

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 2, 2012, 10:36:33 AM via Website

Here is one way (although there are a few other methods, this is one of the best ones):

1.Download Astro File Manager from the Market
2. Connect your phone to computer in disk drive mode (connect to USB cable, select Disk Drive from the options that appear on the phone, press Done)
3. Copy the APK file to the SD card (anywhere you like)
4. Disconnect phone from computer (remembering to Safely Eject first)
5.Open Astro and browse to the file
6. Select the file and choose the Open App Manager option
7. Press the Install button
8. If you get a message saying: “Install Blocked. For security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not sourced in Android Market”, go to Settings > Applications > check the box which says Unknown Sources

— modified on Apr 2, 2012, 10:37:07 AM