Craig Tablet CMP744a

• Replies:2
Natasha Dion
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 1:05:43 AM via Website

I just bought a craig tablet cmp744a. I bought it hoping to watch netflix and possibly read books on it. It seems that I can't do the netflix thing though. The app doesn't exist in the SlideME market and in order to watch it on the actual netflix website, it tells me to download Microsoft Silverlight which it keeps installing unsuccessfully. Anyone know how I can fix this? Or possibly gain access to the actual Android market? Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Charles Alden
  • Forum posts: 5

Apr 10, 2012, 1:08:05 AM via Website

Please forgive me if i sound like a a-hole but why on Gods green earth would you buy such a piece of sh*t tablet. Especially now that a RIM Playbook, Amazon Fire or a B&N Nook go for 200 dollars. The last two are very easily rooted to install Andoid 4.04 on them. Heck you can pick up a used Samsung 8.9" on Ebay for 200. I'm sorry I know I'm new here but it seems like most of you own these bubble gum machine toys. I know money is tight now but geesh, take the bus for a month and buy a decent tablet.

Steven Blum
  • Forum posts: 882

Apr 10, 2012, 10:59:38 AM via Website

It's likely that your tablet doesn't support Flash and that's why Silverlight won't work. Installing Android Market is only possible after you've rooted the device and installed a custom ROM. This site might help, although it's technically for a different model..

http://reviewhorizon.com/2011/05/how-to-root-install-custom-roms-and-add-android-market-for-cvs-craig-cmp-738a-75-android-tablet/