Android Devices

• Replies:6
Alexander Buckland
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 13, 2012, 2:18:13 AM via Website

Hi,

When going to https://play.google.com/store/account while logged into my Google account and pressing "DEVICES" I see a list of all my android devices. Within this list is an old phone, that no longer turns on. I'm wondering how I can remove the phone from the list. Looking online quickly with a Google search didn't bring up anything of use.

Hope someone can help me out, thanks.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Apr 17, 2012, 4:42:21 PM via Website

Alexander Buckland
Hi,

When going to https://play.google.com/store/account while logged into my Google account and pressing "DEVICES" I see a list of all my android devices. Within this list is an old phone, that no longer turns on. I'm wondering how I can remove the phone from the list. Looking online quickly with a Google search didn't bring up anything of use.

That is a DAMN GOOD QUESTION. I have had over 10 Android phones and everytime I download from the market, I have to search through all of them to find my tablet and current phone (I change phones alot).

I will do some research and see what I can find out. Been meaning to look this up for a while. Thanks for reminding me! :grin:

Alexander Buckland
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 17, 2012, 5:02:41 PM via Website

Eric McBride
Alexander Buckland
Hi,

That is a DAMN GOOD QUESTION. I have had over 10 Android phones and everytime I download from the market, I have to search through all of them to find my tablet and current phone (I change phones alot).

I will do some research and see what I can find out. Been meaning to look this up for a while. Thanks for reminding me! :grin:

Perhaps download apps directly from the device, then you don't need to select them >_>

But looking online it doesn't see as if Google has even considered the option of removing an old phone... it looks like you might need to remove the phone via the device. Which I can't do as the screen's dead...

— modified on Apr 17, 2012, 5:11:23 PM

arnold lin
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 7, 2012, 12:42:10 PM via Website

One of the biggest reason is that it's an open source platform. It has a huge developer community, actively working. Hence it any person faces any problem in the development phase, there is a quick help available ate the back end. The community members are always available for support. Hence this increases the use of Android development.
China Tablet PC

— modified on Jun 17, 2012, 2:05:45 PM

infamouspete
  • Forum posts: 94

Jun 20, 2012, 8:12:27 PM via Website

i think you can hide it though...

Android k
  • Forum posts: 15

Oct 27, 2012, 9:29:52 AM via Website

We need to find some strategy to remove the unwanted mobile device.Because Quite times it becomes very difficult to search your device while downloading.

LZ77
  • Forum posts: 19

Mar 20, 2014, 4:36:06 AM via Website

Same problem here... if I were not so lazy I would contact google support))