can't sign in to google account

• Replies:50
  • OpenNot stickiedAnswered

Apr 20, 2012 7:35:52 AM via App

hi.
when I try to access the android market it tries to sign in to my google account, but then fails and says that it couldn't create a secure connection to my servers. is this because I am using wi-fi, and to get around this do I have to use my 3g connection.
thanks

Apr 20, 2012 8:30:38 AM via Website

Brody, wifi should work better than 3g.

- Do you have an active Google account?
- Are you signed in?
- double check your settings and ensure that the google sign in settings are properly in place. (settings - accounts and sync)

Apr 20, 2012 5:04:05 PM via App

Yes, my Google account is active, and I can access my emails etc from my phone, but I can't add my phone to it, so I can't download anything from the market.

Apr 20, 2012 6:10:01 PM via Website

Very strange! If you are able to access email, must be logged into your Google account. Do you have Google Play. installed on phone? Have you been able to download anything? What phone do you have with what software? What carrier?

Apr 20, 2012 6:41:58 PM via App

No, I don't have Google Play installed, my phone is a Huawei Ideos X1, OS 2.2, my provider is Optus, but because I am using Wi-Fi it shouldn't be a problem with them. I can download files off most websites, but not android market or Google play.

Apr 20, 2012 9:24:00 PM via Website

Brody D.
No, I don't have Google Play installed

Ehm, you have no Play Store.... do you have the Market? Otherwise it would be no wonder, that you can´t login... :wink:

So, your initial problem was, that you can´t establish a secure connection. If it´s still the problem, try one of the following solutions:

• Do not sychnonize date and time thru the network automatically, take alook that you have the right Timezone (Eastern-, Central-, Western-Standard)
  • Menu->Settings->Date and Time->Automatic (has to be deactivated)
  • Change from WiFi to 3G and back and try again. Maybe a reboot of your phone may nessecary
  • Logout and login into GTalk
  • Delete Data and Cache of the Market/Play Store

Apr 21, 2012 3:00:49 AM via App

Käpt'n Andreas V.

• Do not sychnonize date and time thru the network automatically, take alook that you have the right Timezone (Eastern-, Central-, Western-Standard)
  • Menu->Settings->Date and Time->Automatic (has to be deactivated)
I did this and it worked!!! My phone has been added to my Google account, Google play automatically installed and I can download apps from it. Thanks so much!! :)

Jun 13, 2012 4:51:35 PM via Website

I cant access my Google Account ,,, my phone is Sonny Ericsson x10 mini
when i try to log in it Say That there is no internet connection while I am using wifi

Oct 3, 2012 12:09:38 PM via Website

can you help me please i cant access my google account its the same scenario but icant get trough i used the steps you initially discussed but still i cant access my google acount. i cant use the android market gmail... =( please help me guys...
i am using sony ericsson x10 mini pro

Nov 17, 2012 9:16:39 AM via Website

Hi guys,I have the same problem ,it can't stablish a reliable data connection to the server,since I reset my phone ,I can't sign in my google account
I have samsung Galaxy Gio

Dec 14, 2012 11:12:30 AM via Website

Hello,

I had problem to sign into Google account on my Android OS @ first start of my recovered mobile (SE Xperia X10 mini pro). I had enabled double authentication for my account. Probably this is why I couldn't log in...
So solution which worked for me is: I went to https: // google. sk/ accounts - there are spaces, coz I am new user and forum would not allow me to post links due to spam. (this said login screen when it said bad username or password... it said for recover your account go there... I went. But I was sure my password was absolutely correct)
I added additional email address (address of another registration example: outlook.com). After this I was able to log on with my additional email address to my google account.
So I recover my amdroid to factory settings again and then I used my alternative log in. And it worked! I was so happy, coz I went through 2 hours troubleshooting about my wifi, 3g, another google accounts... and so on :P

So I hope it will help some1 with same problem.

Dec 25, 2012 7:01:34 AM via App

Hey guys, I have the same problem, tried all what is posted here and I couldnt login to market. My phone is Samsung Galaxy Ace. Please help guys, thank you.