How to export email address from my Wildfire onto my Android tablet to use in email

• Replies:9
Stephen Misson
  • Forum posts: 15

May 7, 2012, 9:31:50 PM via Website

What I am really looking for is a tutorial on how to import my contacts/people from my Android phone onto my Android tablet so that I can use use the email addresses in the gmail and email apps. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Have have done a lot of searching and can't find an answer.
I am very impressed with my new ZTPad running ICS but I see no contacts app. Surely I am not expected to manually type an email address into an email or manually copy it from my phone?
Does Android 4 not have a people/contacts app?

Stephen Misson

Aug 7, 2012, 10:35:10 AM via Website

This is something I have been searching for too. I have the Wildfire and a ZTPad. When I compose an email in GMail and type the first two or three letters of an address it gives me a selection matching the letters so they are in there somewhere but how to view them and edit is a mystery. I don't know whether it is a ZTPad quirk or ICS or what. If you find out, let me know please.

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Aug 14, 2012, 4:35:38 PM via Website

If the same Gmail account is being used on the phone and the tablet, then the contacts should show up on your tablet automatically. On my Prime it works well. As soon as I signed in the first time, all my contacts were in the "People" section.

Which version of Android are you running?

Stephen Misson

Aug 14, 2012, 6:07:43 PM via Website

I am running ICS 4.0.3. I don't have a 'People' app like I do on my phone 2.2.1 - which is my question.

— modified on Aug 14, 2012, 6:08:11 PM

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Aug 15, 2012, 4:04:55 PM via Website

Stephen Misson
I am running ICS 4.0.3. I don't have a 'People' app like I do on my phone 2.2.1 - which is my question.

I will have a look around and see what I can find.

Stephen Misson

Aug 15, 2012, 4:14:05 PM via Website

Great, thanks.

Stephen Misson

Dec 23, 2012, 5:52:08 PM via Website

To Eric McBride - did you find out why my tablet does not have a Peoples app? I still can't see my contacts. I would like to be able to edit them on the tablet instead of the phone.

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Dec 24, 2012, 4:00:29 AM via Website

You can try something like Contacts Copy. I can't endorse any app in particular since I've never used them but it looks like there are a few that could work for you. Good luck!

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

Aug 12, 2013, 12:13:40 PM via Website

Hey Stephen

The best way to manage contacts on your devices is to keep them up on your Google account. You will be able to get all contacts on any of your devices worldwide.

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Stephen Misson

Aug 12, 2013, 12:47:48 PM via Website

As you will see from the above posts, my ZT Pad doesn't have a Peoples app. I think I need to get a better tablet!