Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini Network problems!:(

• Replies:6
Chloe Osborne
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 9, 2012, 8:15:25 PM via Website

I have had my phone since November 2011 and until April 2012 it was working absolutely fine! However, after April my thoughts changed. First of all, it just started going slow and things took a while to load and some apps wouldn't download or either force closed. A few weeks, maybe months - I can't remember - after, it started crashing more than once a day and failed to load. I deleted some of my apps to see if it would help and also tried to update my phone. Though that action wouldn't let me do so and told me it wasn't available for downloading. I left it then, because I thought it would maybe improve over time. Not long after, it started crashing more often than ever before. At least every 10 minutes, and whilst texting mostly. I left, again, thinking it would be fine. Now, in August/July, it has really knocked my liking for the phone. Despite having my Sim card inserted, my phone tells me there's no network available and provides no signal. I can't text, call, access internet or anything. I can play music and use the camera and the wi-fi only works for 2 minutes at the most. It has only just started doing this these past 2 weeks. I would just like to ask, what might be wrong with my phone and how could I fix it?
Kind regards! (:

nildiana sousa

Aug 9, 2012, 8:16:31 PM via App

Chloe Osborne
I have had my phone since November 2011 and until April 2012 it was working absolutely fine! However, after April my thoughts changed. First of all, it just started going slow and things took a while to load and some apps wouldn't download or either force closed. A few weeks, maybe months - I can't remember - after, it started crashing more than once a day and failed to load. I deleted some of my apps to see if it would help and also tried to update my phone. Though that action wouldn't let me do so and told me it wasn't available for downloading. I left it then, because I thought it would maybe improve over time. Not long after, it started crashing more often than ever before. At least every 10 minutes, and whilst texting mostly. I left, again, thinking it would be fine. Now, in August/July, it has really knocked my liking for the phone. Despite having my Sim card inserted, my phone tells me there's no network available and provides no signal. I can't text, call, access internet or anything. I can play music and use the camera and the wi-fi only works for 2 minutes at the most. It has only just started doing this these past 2 weeks. I would just like to ask, what might be wrong with my phone and how could I fix it?
Kind regards! (:

Eric McBride
  • Forum posts: 1,790

Aug 14, 2012, 4:01:57 PM via Website

WOW. That sounds like either you have a rogue app slowing your phone down, or some type of hardware failure.

I would suggest a factory reset to wipe it clean and start from scratch!

Silithas
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 23, 2013, 10:12:15 AM via Website

I have the same problems, i bought mine in 2010 and now it is slow as heck and it wont connect to anything. So im now only using it to take pictures/videos and call/sms..

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 23, 2013, 10:32:14 AM via Website

I agree with Eric, do a Factory Reset and see what happens. A Factory reset will wipe your user data and restore the phone to the factory default state (but anything you have on your SD card will remain). Perhaps you have some suspects apps causing problems or some other malware that has made it's way onto your SD card so if the problem persists do a Hard Reset. Keep in mind this will wipe EVERYTHING, including your SD card contents (so back up anything you wanted to keep before you do it). This way everything will be clean, including any problematic stuff that was causing the problem.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Silithas
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 23, 2013, 10:44:44 AM via Website

I tried that, still the same problem.

anish mitra

Aug 8, 2013, 3:41:45 PM via Website

the same thing happened with mine 2 nights ago...have no idea what to do...my usb connectivity was busted after a charging repair so no way to re-flash that sucker...really helpless here...