samsung galaxy 2 getting hot

• Replies:2
Nicole Chappell
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 22, 2013, 11:37:29 PM via Website

Hi,

I have had my samsung for approx 8 months and I havent done anything different or added any new apps in the last 3 months. I have had a sd card in since I got the phone and I have it on power saving setting since the first month. In the last few days it is starting to get really hot and not holding a charge. I charge my phone overnight and then unplug in the morning. This morning I went out for 1/2 an hour and did not use the phone and when I got home it was telling me that I had a low battery warning and that it needed to recharge. This is my only contact and I need a solution quickly as I am also a shift worker who is on call. Can anyone please help.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 23, 2013, 3:12:15 PM via Website

Could be several issues, but if it's overheating as well as draining abnormally then that's normally a network issue i.e. a weak network signal that your phone's constantly attempting to connect to. If you haven't already then turn off auto-sync, remove widgets that update, or more effectively use 3g manually, i.e. only turn it on when necessary and 2g otherwise. If you've rooted the phone then clear your cache and wipe the battery stats, drain to zero, charge to 100% then unplug, reboot and charge again(the battery will probably show 90-95%). If that's not effective it may be a physical battery issue. If you're phone's under warranty then return it, if not get a decent battery from ebay.

Sinkster

Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones
  • Forum posts: 105

Apr 2, 2013, 8:35:49 AM via Website

Overheating sometimes is also caused due to hardware issue, I will suggest you to have your phones' hardware checked at some service center if above tips do not work out.

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.