RE: 95% of sold android phones are Samsung phones

• Replies:8
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

May 17, 2013 9:02:52 AM via Website

Don't know why I am feeling like there would be some mistake while generating this report. 95% of profit from android phones in Q1 to Samsung.
People love Nexus phones, HTC has great offerings, there is a nice range of Xperia phones, and lot of other manufacturers are there too. I just can't believe that all these brands only got 5% profit share.

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

May 26, 2013 12:37:18 PM via Website

Personally I wouldn't purchase a Samsung device. I've owned four android phones, and on each occasion I've tested at least three options before deciding on one. The Galaxy S was not bad, probably the last really good Samsung. The Galaxy Nexus was ok, but a bit underwhelming for a Nexus device. The S2 and S3 are pretty shoddily made, and rely more on gimmicky features than usability. I recently tried the HTC One against the Galaxy S4 and while both aren't perfect the One is of infinitely better quality than the S4, while the 'features' of the S4 lose appeal after a week of usage. Generally, the truth is Samsung have a much better marketing department.

Sinkster

Jun 4, 2013 10:56:49 AM via Website

tohapply green
This is really a incredible news.
Samsung captured a staggering 95 percent of the $5.3 billion in Android smartphone profits in the first quarter of 2013,
according to a new report from Strategy Analytics.
I remember saw the news somewhere that said Android owns 70.1% of smartphone market share. Then It now we can conclude that Samsung own more than 66.5% of smartphone market share.

Where is saw these news, Will you please mention the links ??

Jun 7, 2013 11:18:20 AM via Website

g-telware
tohapply green
This is really a incredible news.
Samsung captured a staggering 95 percent of the $5.3 billion in Android smartphone profits in the first quarter of 2013,
according to a new report from Strategy Analytics.
I remember saw the news somewhere that said Android owns 70.1% of smartphone market share. Then It now we can conclude that Samsung own more than 66.5% of smartphone market share.

Where is saw these news, Will you please mention the links ??

Yeah, I have the same question.

Jun 12, 2013 2:52:46 PM via Website

The numbers that I saw for the first Quarter of 2013 were as follows:

Samsung: 64,7 Millions Units, 30,8% (global market share)
Apple: 38,2 Million Units , 18,2%
LG: 10 Million Units, 4,8%
Huawei: 9,3 Million Units, 4,4%
ZTE: 7,8 Million Units, 3,8%
Others: 79,6 Million Units, 37,9%

So this 95% market share from samsung is a complete lie. Heres a link with the source - all numbers come from Gartner, a reliable source in the industry.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/05/14/android-nearly-75-of-all-smartphones-shipped-in-q1-samsung-tops-30-mobile-sales-overall-nearly-flat-says-gartner/