HTC Desire HD — Speaker sound is very silent while on the phone

• Replies:1
Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 19

Aug 5, 2013, 11:37:30 AM via Website

From one day to another the sound of the phone (during calling) became very silent. This means I cannot hear anyone I am talking to do unless I am alone in a room. I cannot talk to anyone while I am outside or there is noise around me. This issue is really annoying and I don't know what to do. I didn't try to have it repaired because it would be too expensive compared to the price I could sell this phone if it was fully functional.

— modified on Aug 5, 2013, 11:37:45 AM

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Aug 7, 2013, 11:31:10 AM via Website

Hi Dappwi, the first thing to do (sorry if this sounds obvious!) is to adjust the volume rocker during a call, in case your in-call volume has simply been turned down and you didn't realize. Assuming you've already tried this and the volume is still too low, you may have a hardware problem with the phone's radio. Unfortunately if this is the case your only option really is to have it repaired. I assume you've tried some volume booster apps from the Play Store and none have worked? By the way, is the device rooted and modded?

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting