Essential Android Accessories

• Replies:40
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Sep 20, 2013 11:09:10 AM

I think there's a few must-have accessories for every Android phone: from a spare battery or protective case (unless you like to live dangerously like me) to a spare charger cable/car charger or external speaker/dock. We want to know what other accessories you think are essential to your Android smartphone.

— modified on Sep 20, 2013 11:13:40 AM

Sep 20, 2013 11:13:01 AM

Actually, I'll start us off with the Kickstarter project Pressy: a tiny physical button that fits in your headphone jack, and that can be configured to do anything you want. One click, long press, double and triple clicks, there's a whole bunch of stuff this simple, but immensely clever, accessory can do. And at $20-odd bucks, it's soon to be a must-have for me.

Sep 20, 2013 11:54:02 AM

Since we are talking about Kickstarter projects, I really like my Keyprop, a super cheap but super innovative and simple idea. Basically it is a plastic key which fits into your headphone jack and props up your phone for when you want to take a timed pic, our read a newspaper while drinking your morning coffee. It fits right on your keyring too so it's not too clunky and can be with you at all time.

I'm about to ''test'' the little thing out for our gadget of the week, so stayed tuned if this is something you are interested in knowing more about!

— modified on Sep 23, 2013 3:17:53 PM

Sep 20, 2013 10:48:38 PM

Call me old fashion, you'll almost always find me using my blue tooth keyboard and mouse with my Note. No, it may not be necessary or a must have. I just like to make it as much like a computer as possible (certainly has enough processing power to be one). I'm also a bit of a neat freak when it comes to keeping my screen clean.

"You're Probably Wondering Why I'm Here & So Am I" - FZ

Sep 21, 2013 5:24:57 PM

well I always have my 2 spare betteries for my Note2 with me (especially for long train trips), not to forget my 64GB microSDXC for my videos and and every new android device gets an anti-reflective screen protector. also a flip cover and/or a case shouldn't be forgotten.

and sometimes I have my bluetooth keyboard for longer messaging...

— modified on Sep 21, 2013 5:25:36 PM

MFG/Regards My1

Sep 23, 2013 2:05:30 AM

Don't forget zap chargers (can't remember the actual name if it). Always use it when I go on long trips. It's convenient to be able to charge your device in 3 seconds rather than 4 hours. Do most of my battery draining on holiday.

Sep 23, 2013 3:23:49 PM

I haven't heard about a 3-second charger, but Eesha Khare won the Intel Foundation Young Scientist Award a little while back for a supercapacitor that'll do the job in 20-30 seconds and apparently last 10,000 cycles. She's off to Harvard, so we'll probably see more from her in the near future. Either way, I think a rapid charger of any description is a worthy addition to this list!

— modified on Sep 23, 2013 3:24:36 PM

Sep 23, 2013 7:38:51 PM

[quote=Kris Carlon]I think there's a few must-have accessories for every Android phone: from a spare battery or protective case (unless you like to live dangerously like me) to a spare charger cable/car charger or external speaker/dock. We want to know what other accessories you think are essential to your Android portable charger(battery pack) small bluetooth speaker.

— modified on Sep 23, 2013 7:41:07 PM

Sep 23, 2013 10:08:59 PM

Sorry for the exaggeration Philip and Kris. It is much faster than waiting all night for your device to charge. rapid charger.....................

Sep 23, 2013 11:03:59 PM

you probably refer to the fact that recent chargers dont use 500mA like the USB Port but rather like 2A (2000mA) 4 times the amount which can (depending on battery size shorten thge charging time by quite something...

MFG/Regards My1

Sep 24, 2013 12:15:15 AM

Exactly. If my 10.1 has only about 1/4 charge left and I use its stock adapter, it takes from 4 to 6 hours til it reaches 100%. It draws a good deal of power. If I use a rapid charger, it takes only minutes. The charge time between the two is tremendous.

I don't even see the point in bringing the adapter with me, unless it's my car charger. Even then, it still takes about the same amount of time to charge my Note.

Sep 24, 2013 12:44:24 PM

I've never used Bluetooth headphones either. Normally I'd be the same about the Bluetooth drain, but with plenty of other wearable tech coming up that will rely on a Bluetooth connection to work, I guess if you buy into the wearable tech thing you may as well go along with other Bluetooth devices seeing the connection will already be turned on. And you can play music through Google Glass! Plus, now we have Smart Bluetooth (version 4.0) which draws less power, so maybe I'd try our Bluetooth Headphones in future.

Sep 25, 2013 1:08:02 PM

I use a bumper case, a music notes skin (hence the bumper), earbuds, external speakers (iTour... purple, of course), and (probably most important) a portable charger that's always with me. It's cylinder-shaped, with multicolor stripes. Very cute, AND doesn't look like a grenade. :)

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Sep 26, 2013 4:00:57 AM

Amy R.
Don't forget zap chargers (can't remember the actual name if it). Always use it when I go on long trips. It's convenient to be able to charge your device in 3 seconds rather than 4 hours. Do most of my battery draining on holiday.
sounds ideal,like where do I purchase one