I've got to be missing something!

• Replies:9
HowDoYouAndroid.com
  • Forum posts: 145

Oct 22, 2013, 5:55:58 PM via Website

There canNOT be no way to send a text to a contact group, but I can't find it. I know I can download other messagers, but I'm talking stock. I have a contact group that includes all my choral group members. How do I send a text to the whole group without entering each individual number? I can't imagine this isn't an option, but...
Thanks for the helpses!

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Rosalind W.
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 24, 2013, 2:30:53 AM via Website

Hi, there is a walk through on TechAdvisor which is easy to follow, not allowed to post the link on here as I'm a new user but if you put into Google 'how to group message with Android' you should be able to see the TechAdvisor link.Hope this helps :D

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Oct 28, 2013, 10:05:25 PM via Website

Rosalind W.
Hi, there is a walk through on TechAdvisor which is easy to follow, not allowed to post the link on here as I'm a new user but if you put into Google 'how to group message with Android' you should be able to see the TechAdvisor link.Hope this helps :D
Thanks for the try, but sounds like that's just sending a message to multiple recipients, not a group. :(

HowDoYouAndroid.com

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Oct 28, 2013, 10:05:46 PM via Website

Ok so for real; no way to do this? I'm horrified. Truly, and deeply.

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 72

Nov 7, 2013, 11:19:06 AM via Website

for sending messages to contacts group you first need to create a group and then try sending text to contact groups !! :girl::girl:

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Nov 7, 2013, 7:57:00 PM via Website

I have created the group, but I can't find a way to send the whole group a text... how do you go about that?
Thanks for your response!

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 72

Nov 12, 2013, 11:27:34 AM via Website

well follow these step create a message and click on the contact icon then on the top left corner click the icon and select it to groups. tha'ts it choose the groups you have created. done !!

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Nov 13, 2013, 9:38:23 PM via Website

I can create the group, go in and find the group, see who's in the group, edit the group.... but I must be missing something simple. I just cannot find how to compose a message to the group!

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Nov 14, 2013, 12:23:42 PM via Website

Agreed i think you must be missing something very simple and that is you only need to add group to the text message you have created. and again thats just simple try exploring in the text message and you will find an option name GROUPS.

HowDoYouAndroid.com

Nov 14, 2013, 3:24:38 PM via Website

But it's just not there... I go into compose message, and I cannot find a way to add the group. Typing the group name doesn't do it either. WHAT am I doing wrong?

HowDoYouAndroid.com