Google Nexus 7 (2013) — Kit Kat update

• Replies:5
Ralph Walker
  • Forum posts: 4

Nov 16, 2013, 2:57:57 PM via App

I'm waiting for the Kit Kat update and I am unsure how this will happen. I have been leaving my tablet on charge over night and I have not been updated.
Should I just be Patient or is there something else I should be doing?
Will this update be done through my PC?

Stephen Castro
  • Forum posts: 3

Nov 18, 2013, 5:28:40 AM via App

just leave it plugged in and be patient.. this is my second update on my nexus 7.. I'm anxious to.. it will come...

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Nov 18, 2013, 4:52:06 PM via Website

Hi @Ralph, yes, patience is the key. These OTA updates are always staged rollouts, so it all depends on when your region gets the update. If you simply cannot wait we have a tutorial for flashing the official firmware on your Nexus 7 - but only if you have the Wi-Fi version. That would require your PC but is also more risky than awaiting the over-the-air update.

You can also try clearing the data/force closing Google Services Framework from Settings > Apps > ''All'' tab > Google Services Framework. Sometimes this will ''unclog'' the update (NOT a technical definition!) and bring it through sooner.

If that's all too confusing just sit back and count the days until you're all KitKatted up - it'll be sooner than my Nexus 4 so count yourself luckier than me! Just keep hitting that ''Check Now'' button (in Settings > About tablet > System Updates).

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Ralph Walker

Nov 19, 2013, 3:19:10 AM via App

Thanks for the reply I did what you suggested and will now wait patiently.

Ralph Walker

Nov 26, 2013, 2:54:25 PM via Website

Hi, just received my KitKat update for my Nexus 7 yesterday Nov 25 @ 4:30 pm