How to choose the right mobile platform for app development?

• Replies:9
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Nov 25, 2013 11:12:32 AM via Website

There are many criteria before choosing the right mobile platform for app development. To choose the right kind of mobile platform, analysing the pluses and minuses of each one before going ahead and creating the app. Here is a the post on how to choose the right mobile platform for developing your mobile application.
- Think of the audience you intend to target.
- Decide on the technical features you want your app to include. Are you looking to create something simple for basic users? Or is it going to be a complicated app that quietly runs in the background and helps users on the move with their every little task? If it is the latter, you would be better off choosing something like the Palm OS rather than the iOS.
- The financial aspect.
- Look at the future prospects for the mobile platform.
- Target on the device where your application want to reach.

Nov 25, 2013 11:37:26 AM via Website

What scripting language do you know..?

I am Daniel Jones, Working with Kiwitech as app developer. I enjoy exploring apps on various mobile platforms.

Nov 26, 2013 10:17:26 AM via Website

well i guess you can have a look at this article for better understanding in choosing the right platform for mobile application development Admin edit: **links are forbidden**

— modified on Nov 26, 2013 10:24:51 AM by moderator

Nov 27, 2013 5:08:49 PM via Website

Totally depends on the kind of app you want to develop and what you want to get out of it (reach, money, etc). iOS of course makes lots of money but it can be harder to get apps into the Apple App Store, Android is easier to get apps on and has the reach but it brings in less money, and so on.

Nov 30, 2013 8:31:23 AM via App

Me an an android developer. bcz of many reasons.

-i can use my existing computer wich have low spec for app development.
if u go for iOS or W8 you need specific specs on ur machines. Like mac is a must for iOS.and Windows 7 premium version for W8.

- android is open source so u get more assistance in online than other platforms.

and many more reasons too.

i suggest android if u r beginner to mobile development

gud luck

— modified on Nov 30, 2013 8:32:10 AM

Jan 4, 2014 2:05:28 PM via Website

It is depend upon the app and you also because there are equal android user and apple user in the world now so both the platform are good for made a mobile app. Also I read some article regarding app revenue and found that iphone apps are good for revenue.

Jan 4, 2014 5:09:02 PM via Website

If you don't want to invest too much choose Android if you have a PC and an Android smartphone, or choose IPhone if you already have a mac and an IPhone/IPad, etc.

May 31, 2014 12:21:04 PM via Website

Each & Every mobile app is developed with the prediction that it will give outstanding results in the future. Choosing the right platform for creating mobile app, I think its the right decision. The download will be more and with this the user will increase, which will lead to more number of updates required for the app.

There are numerous criteria you developed to utilize when choosing the right platform for mobile application development. Here are some few things you should believe when make a decision on an application development platform:

1. What is your target audience using?
  2. Which platform is more familiar to your developers?
  3. The financial aspect is the other important thing.
  4. What profit do you wish to make?
  5. Which are the future prospects for the mobile platform?