[FREE] Locats (Automatic GPS tracking with activity recognition)

• Replies:1
Rickard Edström
  • Forum posts: 2

Dec 4, 2013, 5:53:27 PM via Website

Hello!

So I've been using apps like RunKeeper to track my physical activities (walking, running, biking) for a while, but i wanted something better. Therefore, I started making my own GPS tracking app. The primary feature of importance is the usage of activity recognition to obviate the need to manually start/stop tracking. Also, I think the app is rather simple and is ideally suited for my use cases.

Features of the app (assuming no bugs):
* Automatically track your walks, runs and bike rides (with ability to see e.g. map of the trip, speed, duration, estimated calories burned, and more)
* Ability to inspect your current activity via a notification (and see e.g. current speed)
* Shows weekly/monthly statistics of your performed activities, like total hours/km walked, biked, and calories burned (rough estimate)
* Ability to manually add trips if you disabled the app or forgot to bring your phone for a while. These will also be included in weekly/monthly statistics calculations
* The ability to see (on the map) where during recorded trips you took photos

Note that it is expected that is drains battery. How much depends on how much you move around, and which phone you have (GPS drain seems to differ much).

Link to play store: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sklp.locats
(I am forbidden to make link as a new user hmmm)

Some screenshots:

— modified on Dec 4, 2013, 5:58:49 PM

Kary sama
  • Forum posts: 6

May 15, 2015, 10:58:43 AM via Website

Compared to a GPS tracking app like i Key Monitor, this app is more suitable for footprint tracking.