Formated phone!

• Replies:3
Stefan Marković
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 30, 2014, 1:28:07 AM via Website

Hi there!
My friend has very bad problem, he tried to install new Android OS (i think 4.4.2 KitKat) on his Samsung Galaxy S Plus, so he messed up something with rooting he cant remember exactly what he did. So when he said me that, i told him like: ''give it to me, i will fix it, i have the same phone as you.''
But when i tried to power on everything was normal, and suddenly just black screen appeared and thats it. It is just black screen for hours. I think that he formated phone, so i got screwed. So i came here for help, if anyone knows how to recover that phone to any android version, it just need to work.. its rooted (he said that he succeded in that) but it has no TWRP Recovery..
Is there any solution for this?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 30, 2014, 3:43:48 PM via App

Normally it would just be a case of flashing recovery, then downloading a rom, then flashing it. Not sure about Samsung devices though, but should be similar.

Sinkster

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Mar 31, 2014, 7:29:16 AM via Website

Your friend screwed his device and it needs to be reloaded with the firmware. Well, you need to go to the sammobile firmware section and then download the appropriate firmware for your device once you have done this download the latest version of odin and flash it again.

Dvoraak
  • Forum posts: 86

Apr 1, 2014, 3:45:30 AM via Website

I agree with John Farrell but you may find that your PC (and ODIN) don't recognize the phone if the system is completely wiped. At that point your options become much more limited.... like no options really. Even ADB won't do the job at that point.