Google Nexus 7 — Wish to refersh my Nexus 7 completely!

• Replies:1
  • Answered
Bob Smith
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 10, 2014, 2:02:25 PM via Website

I have Nexus 7 2012 version unrooted and it has Android KitKat 4.2.2 version. The problem is that my tablet has become very slow and sometimes behaves strangely. Another problem I am facing is that sometimes I am unable to access Google Play store. When I try to open it I see the message "Redeem your code", "Gift Card & Promotional Code". Sometimes the play store opens accidently but soon it closes and the above mentioned message appears. Also from other forums some people advised the following but no one gave me any links to the guides from where I could understand how to do what they advise. They advised 1- To clear cache and data. and 2- Boot to recovery, 3- Clear Dalvik cache, Restart. But I can't find any guide to do what they advised. I asked about that from them but no one replied. Could you be kind enough to guide me what to do and what not and provide me some information about this?

Mike Gellert
  • Forum posts: 1

Dec 26, 2014, 5:18:42 AM via Website

Hi Bob,
I have the same model as you 2012, and I downloaded Lollipop, much to my sorrow, every thing went wrong, ultra slow, crash freezing, you name it. After weeks of deciding what to do, I took advise of someone on a forum, and did a factory refit (if that's the word)
I lost all my installed apps and got back to where I started, still retaining Lollipop as my OS.
The tablet is going like a dream now, better than ever. and as a bonus I have only re installed about one third of the apps I original had.Found I didn't need them. Lollipop is cleaner and faster. Cheers Mike