Samsung Galaxy S4 — problems signing in on play store using google account

• Replies:4
Ignace Allaeys
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 11, 2014, 7:34:33 AM via Website

Hello,

Through my work, I recently received the Samsung Galaxy S4. Fantastic smart phone, especially coming from BB.
At this moment I am trying to connect to Play Store via my google account. This is not working at all. The message I get is" could not connect to the google servers try again later".

Any idea's

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jun 11, 2014, 8:23:37 AM via App

Goto Settings > Apps > All > Google Play Store > Clear data
check whether the time is correct

Ready To Help You.

Ignace Allaeys
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 11, 2014, 8:09:40 PM via Website

thanks for the suggestion. No result.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 11, 2014, 10:53:39 PM via Website

A few things can cause this but if your phone is totally stock then it could be caused by your APN (mobile data) settings, as some carriers insert a few proxies that can prevent certain logins. Check that your APN settings are correct (check online) or try removing your sim card and connect to google while on WiFi only. This is only a suggestion; there can be many reasons and resolutions for this issue.

Sinkster

Ian Ashton
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 1, 2016, 6:57:36 PM via Website

I am wondering if this was ever resolved for you.
I did not have this issue with my Samsung S4 .
Similarly, no issue with my Samsung PT5210 That's the Galaxy Tab 3. Play Store was set up easily on both devices.
The issue has come up on my new Android 5.1 tablet. Model N960
Like most people I typed the message "Couldn't sign in... in Google and waded through the various attempts at offering a solution, none of which offered to explain in any way why Google servers were not allowing the connection. Which to me is odd because the WiFi works and I can browse the internet using the stock browser. So it is not a data issue at all.