What is your favorite Android smartphone?

• Replies:33
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered

Jun 18, 2014 10:49:49 AM via Website

Hey guys!

We ask a lot of questions to our readers to get some insight into what they like, but lets bring it back to basics and ask the ultimate question: what is your favorite Android smartphone?
Is it an HTC, Samsung, Sony, LG or other OEM device?
Are you more of a high end fan or like to stay with the cheap, yet performing phones?

My personal favorite device is the Galaxy Note 3. Though I don't own one, I wish I did! It would be so cool to be use a huge display and the S Pen stylus. :*

What is your favorite Android smartphone?

Jun 18, 2014 10:57:57 AM via Website

Well for me it changes all the time. Everything improves at such a rapid rate with technology and smartphones.

I think the LG G2 was awesome for changing all of the button placement to the reverse side. I think it was brave, there was a bit of an initial backlash which probably hurt their sales too, but now I hope everybody is generally agreed now that it works really well. So as a marked improvement upon that I'd have to say the LG G3 is my favorite smartphone at the moment.

Jun 18, 2014 2:17:19 PM via Website

I still stand by my Nexus 5. It may be a little older now but it's still so close to a perfect phone for me that I don't care.

I really like the new LG G3 and I am very impressed by what I've seen so far of the OnePlus One (for that price!) but it might be a bit too giant a phone for me and my tiny hipster pockets.

Jun 19, 2014 9:51:32 AM via Website

I'm still a big fan of my first ever Android phone which was the HTC Desire but these days it is so far behind in terms of speed/storage etc, I then had the HTC Sensation XE and that was also an excellent phone and also an excellent camera (I regret selling that to this day, but I needed the money to go towards a decent laptop). The Xperia P I had was a decent phone but no external storage let it down, The Xperia T that I now use as a music player when working out is great but the battery life SUCKS. I think the Xperia Z1/Z1 compact/Z2 are very very impressive phones (from what I have seen of them). But my favourite is my current phone (The HTC One M8), I've been utterly blown away by it from the minute I switched it on, my only minor niggle with it is that is a bit of a nightmare (for me) when out and about as I've always liked to carry my phone in a front pocket rather than in a bag and it is a tight fit (sometimes impossibly so) and I'm finding it hard to find a soft pouch big enough for it for it to go safely in my bag.

Jun 19, 2014 9:59:34 AM via Website

Just now it's between the LG G3 and the Xperia Z2, though neither would tempt me away from the Nexus 5. If Sony released an affordable GPE phone based on the Z2 then I'd probably go for that.

Sinkster

Jun 19, 2014 10:35:02 AM via Website

Northernbaygirl

my only minor niggle with it is that is a bit of a nightmare (for me) when out and about as I've always liked to carry my phone in a front pocket rather than in a bag and it is a tight fit (sometimes impossibly so) and I'm finding it hard to find a soft pouch big enough for it for it to go safely in my bag.

Yep, we all want bigger screens till they stop being able to fit in our pockets!

Jun 19, 2014 11:22:08 PM via App

hurm.maybe sony xperia z2 because the camera,the sony UI and the design,absolutely stunning.most important thing to me to buy a smartphone is the camera,the battery and the software update.so i choose xperia Z2

Jun 20, 2014 8:33:44 AM via App

I've had gs4,sony z1,iphone 5,nexus4 and yet every phone let me down in some way or another,but from the moment i got my n5 i knew i fell in love haha,nexus 5 for me

Jun 20, 2014 8:32:01 PM via App

Note 3! I have had one through T-Mobile for about 6 months now and love it. Great battery life, beautiful large screen, very responsive - I don't notice any lag probably due to the 3gb of memory, the S Pen is an added pkus that I use fairly often. I use the Nova launcher most of the time but switch regularly to others such as Action Launcher, Themer, and even use Touchwiz occaisonally. I love how easy it is to switch launchers. Android is the best for flexibility!!

Jun 21, 2014 2:05:29 AM via App

Currently the Moto X is my favorite phone. Touch less controls and active display are must haves for me. Maybe when the Moto X +1 comes out, I'll upgrade 😆