Angry Birds Epic beginner tips and tricks

• Replies:3
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 25, 2014, 11:27:39 AM via Website

The Angry Birds series is one of the undisputed stars of the Google Play Store with millions of fans around the world. Angry Birds Epic, the latest game in the series, is a turn-based RPG with a heavy focus on strategy and was released earlier this month to critical acclaim. (You can download Angry Birds Epic from the Google Play Store here).

If you've been struggling to best it, or have just set out on your adventure, here are some handy tips for you:

Know your enemy

Hold your finger over each pig to see what abilities they possess so you always know exactly what to expect. Some enemies are immune to certain types of damage and examining them will help you organize your own party

Attack smaller enemies and healers first

Don't be tempted to attack the strongest enemy first. The enemies with lower HP should generally be focused on right away, as you won't take as much damage in the long run if you stop them attacking sooner rather than later. The same goes for healers, who can undo all the damage you have inflicted in one move!

Attack one enemy at a time

Weakening a whole bunch of enemies is pointless, you need to finish them off and stop taking damage sooner!

Make effective use of rage chili

The rage chili charges as you attack - use it as often as possible! It should generally be used against the strongest enemies, but it also won’t carry over to the next battle, so don’t let it go to waste!

Get the golden anvil

Don’t spend gold on unnecessary consumables - get the Golden Anvil as soon as you can. It’s a better long term purchase than the Golden Chili or Golden Cauldron, crafting the best gear could be the difference between an epic win or a crushing defeat in battle.

Bring a healer
We know nobody likes playing as a healer in RPG’s, but taking one in your party is absolutely vital to success. Don’t overlook them!

It's okay to backtrack

Don’t be afraid to backtrack if you encounter a particularly tough battle, often older missions will have some challenge left in them. Look out for treasure chests on the map and visit nearby stages to see if you can win them. You can also go after three star ratings.

Three star ratings

The amount of health you finish on is how your star rating is determined. Heal right before the end of battle to give yourself the best shot at a three star rating.

These are just some basic tips, I'll provide some more soon if you find them helpful. Do you have any of your own useful tricks we should know about?

— modified on Jun 25, 2014, 11:47:24 AM

Lovely Candy
  • Forum posts: 30

Aug 22, 2014, 4:36:41 PM via Website

Great game but every time I play it and go to close all apps on my Samsung galaxy s3 it locks my phone up and restarts it. Would rate higher if rovio could fix this issue.

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Aug 22, 2014, 6:26:32 PM via Website

Yeah that's a shame. I guess all you can do is try to clear your memory and kill any unimportant apps before you load it up.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Nov 16, 2015, 1:18:35 PM via Website

That is really helpful for me thank you..

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"