Most useful app that you have ever downloaded over your device ?

• Replies:16
Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 8, 2014, 12:50:51 PM via Website

Howdy ? Androider's ? (hug)

It seems that you all are having a lot of fun over here ! So, I am going to throw another post to see what you all think about apps?

I am sure we all are familiar with apps (that's obvio(cool)) and I am sure that most of you have at least one application that you aren't going to remove over your device. So, my question is name the most useful application that you have ever downloaded over your device (lightbulb) and please come up with reason i.e. How it has helped you the most ?

— modified on Jul 8, 2014, 1:36:37 PM

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 8, 2014, 1:09:44 PM via Website

Love this question John! But it's soooo difficult to answer. So I'm going to give you a couple.

Dropbox - this helped me complete my bachelor's degree, I was able to work on my dissertation in the library, review it on my phone on the train, and pick up where I left off once I got home. It also allowed me to view PDF files of important texts rather than printing them out when I was taking part in lectures.

Skype - this is the reason I was able to travel and live in the USA for half a year. I met an American girl when I was in the UK and I kept in touch with her via Skype. Eventually I convinced her to let me stay in her apartment in Minneapolis while I explored America, and It was the best time of my life. There is much more to the story than I can type here, but the Skype app genuinely played a crucial role!

Lalit

Danial Ramzan
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 8, 2014, 1:18:45 PM via Website

Life 360, its a family locator and it tells about family in great detail

— modified on Jul 8, 2014, 1:19:34 PM

Scott Adam Gordon

Jul 8, 2014, 4:02:42 PM via Website

Danial Ramzan

Life 360, its a family locator and it tells about family in great detail

This looks very interesting. Why is it so useful for you?

GrossDad
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 10, 2014, 3:12:42 AM via App

Smart Launcher Pro. The way it automatically and intelligently sorts my apps in the app drawer, coupled with easy access, allows me to keep my home screen uncluttered (with assists from features like double taps and gestures). Also, a friendly community on Google+.

Honorable mention:

Rinsuke, a favorite - persons dialer/messaging app that I use all the time.

Podcast Addict, which I use every day on my way to and from work.

Scott Adam Gordon

Jul 10, 2014, 12:13:26 PM via Website

GrossDad

Smart Launcher Pro. The way it automatically and intelligently sorts my apps in the app drawer, coupled with easy access, allows me to keep my home screen uncluttered (with assists from features like double taps and gestures). Also, a friendly community on Google+.

Honorable mention:

Rinsuke, a favorite - persons dialer/messaging app that I use all the time.

Podcast Addict, which I use every day on my way to and from work.

Smart launcher pro is something I am definitely going to download. It looks great.

Podcast addict could be useful for me too. What podcasts do you listen to?

George baim
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 11, 2014, 11:01:53 PM via App

Microsoft Office for android.

GrossDad

Jul 12, 2014, 12:53:27 AM via App

Podcasts I listen to, in no particular order:

This Week in Tech
Stuff You Missed in History Class
Skeptoid
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History (only comes out every 3 months or so, but worth it--listen to his back episodes about Genghis Khan)
The Dinner Party
Snap Judgment
This American Life
The Human Bible
Latest in Paleo

— modified on Jul 12, 2014, 12:56:01 AM

sudipta kumar panda
  • Forum posts: 10

Jul 12, 2014, 12:28:14 PM via Website

BLACKLIST :This application i think is the most useful in android market as it helped the user to deny all the unwanted caller (danger) automatically without receiving their calls.
@John

— modified on Jul 12, 2014, 12:35:33 PM

Scott Adam Gordon

Jul 14, 2014, 4:18:42 PM via Website

GrossDad

Podcasts I listen to, in no particular order:

This Week in Tech
Stuff You Missed in History Class
Skeptoid
Dan Carlin's Hardcore History (only comes out every 3 months or so, but worth it--listen to his back episodes about Genghis Khan)
The Dinner Party
Snap Judgment
This American Life
The Human Bible
Latest in Paleo

I love This American Life. Only just started listening to it this year and I've been enjoying going back through all of the episodes. The "Switched at Birth" story is unbelievable!!

Lalit
  • Admin

Jul 15, 2014, 11:24:36 AM via Website

Okay Androider's, I have tried reading all your views about the best android application, and tell you what all of them are just awesome. Let me give a quick replay of this thread.

1) Skype, Dropbox (Mentioned by @Scott): Woww.. I never know that applications can me that much helpful, I mean helping others out with the dissertation. (cool) It looks like someone has got English Girl because of (devil) because of Apps... (lightbulb) i think i will also give it a try.

2) Life 360 (Mentioned by @Daniel): Hmm... still thinking how it has proved useful to him :?

3) Smart Launcher Pro, Rinsuke (Mentioned by @Gross Dad): Well, good though actually... I am not a fan of podcast and haven't listened it but I think I should start listening podcast. (cool)

4) Microsoft Office (Mentioned by @George): I know MS office is must have app but @George I guess I have asked how it has helped you ;)

5) Blacklist (Mentioned by @Sudipta): Good idea we can use it to black list unwanted caller especially the marketing people who keeps on calling and .... :P "This is LOL calling from LOL company we are going to give you a offer" (devil)

6) Instagram,Photo4tune,Facebook,Twitter,Pinterest,Evernote (Mentioned by @Priyansha): (whew) It really looks like you are crazy about all the apps, but tell you what I think after sometime you will be going to remove Photo4Tune, Facebook, Pinterest because once they are outdated... I think you should think about it again. (lightbulb)

Androider's I am still waiting for more replies ;) ! Consider this as my personnel research (angel) will be waiting for more of your views on best application and yes don't forget the reason :D

— modified on Jul 16, 2014, 3:41:30 AM

Anitha M

Jul 15, 2014, 2:49:57 PM via Website

I am heraing so many apps name like Rinsuke, Smart Launcher Pro, Photo4tune, Life 360 first time. I don't know their usage though. I was using FB apps for quite a long time but saw it was eating my RAM and slowing my device.

Its better to reduce the Apps usages as it will slow down your system. I think many people will scold me :-)

— modified on Jul 15, 2014, 2:51:32 PM

Danial Ramzan
  • Forum posts: 8

Jul 15, 2014, 3:01:30 PM via Website

I Like It Because when my uncle goes to Germany, i always know i which hotel is he in.

Life360 is a family networking app launched in 2008. It is a location-based service that allows family members to share their location with each other. The app has more than 40 million registered users and has received numerous awards.

Salomon
  • Forum posts: 26

Jul 16, 2014, 1:33:36 AM via Website

Ok guys all your favourite apps seems to be interesting. ..But don't forget that the most of them (if not all! ) have only one and the same source: google play. ...so unfortunately? ? without google (play) no apps. And google play is still an app! And the best app in the world. .until now! ..also for rooter, developer and hacker

Lalit
  • Admin

Jul 16, 2014, 6:41:40 AM via Website

Salomon

Ok guys all your favourite apps seems to be interesting. ..But don't forget that the most of them (if not all! ) have only one and the same source: google play. ...so unfortunately? ? without google (play) no apps. And google play is still an app! And the best app in the world. .until now! ..also for rooter, developer and hacker

Well, nice though actually @Salomon we can never though (thinking) of trying applications out without the PlayStore application. But tell you what I am sure some application can be found from other stores like Amazon app store, Opera Store ... etc which provides some (lightbulb) But yes, I guess you are correct without PlayStore app, there's just nothing left on Android. :)

Dr Urs
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 12, 2014, 12:55:02 AM via Website

downloaded:
MyFitnessPal - yes, i am one of those poor OCD sufferers that tracks his nutrition daily :(
eBay - helps to keep track of things I buy and clutter I'm trying to get rid of

preloaded apps:
google hangout, Play Newsstand.

skype is annoying coz it goes offline if not active even as it shows up online to my contacts - they call I don't hear it :(

Lalit
  • Admin

Aug 15, 2014, 7:34:37 AM via App

Dr Urs

downloaded:
MyFitnessPal - yes, i am one of those poor OCD sufferers that tracks his nutrition daily :(
eBay - helps to keep track of things I buy and clutter I'm trying to get rid of

preloaded apps:
google hangout, Play Newsstand.

skype is annoying coz it goes offline if not active even as it shows up online to my contacts - they call I don't hear it :(

Woww... that's great using fitness application to be in right shape (cool). Well agreed skype has some problems as sometimes it starts acting weird ! But still i would say I am going to ignore that as for me skype is truly a life saviour.