Few questions about my Samsung Galaxy S5.

• Replies:1
black82
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 19, 2014, 8:31:46 PM via Website

Hello,
At the beginning, I would like to apologize for my bad language - I do not know English and I use the Google translator.
1) Is it possible to connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 to your computer via WiFi Direct? Looking on the internet and come across only to send between phones. It may need a program? In general it to this phone is a program?

I would add that your computer has a simple WiFi card, ie that does not support WiFi Direct. But apparently this technology requires only one device was the standard, and the second one can be "normal".

And if they can not, then how do you connect with the router?

2) Is it normal that the phone and charger heat up quite strongly?
3) It seems to me that running I have a simplified menu. I have enclosed pictures, not screenshots, because I have not worked out how to do it. The first most important issues.
Here, for comparison ...
And here's the menu from my phone.
imageimageimageimage
Where is NFC? "Fingerprint Scanner", "mode easy", "Download acceleration"? Furthermore, why is inactive ...?

Thank you in advance for all the answers.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jul 19, 2014, 11:09:37 PM via Website

WiFi direct is enabled in the WiFi menu, i.e. settings/wifi/menu/wifi direct. This will connect your phone directly to your laptop/pc directly via wifi rather than via the router (compared to apps which connect via the wifi network to your pc)
Regarding the phone temperature, high end phones will heat up due to their processors so it can heat up, but shouldn't do so constantly. If it's a new phone then it will take a while to set-up and sync but after that it should only be noticable when performing a few intensive tasks(mainly games or apps that use a high amount of data).
I can't comment on the menu as I'm not a Samsung expert, I'm sure someone will know ;)

Sinkster