What annoys you most about Android?

• Replies:2
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 30, 2014, 11:33:10 AM via Website

Loie compiled an article recently about the things that Android doesn't do well, and I thought it was really interesting. So I'd like to get your views on what annoys you about Android too.

For me, my biggest problem with Android is when updates cause problems for older devices. I often cringe when I find out that an update has arrived, because I know I should download it, but that when I do it will make a lot of things worse, such as battery life and stability.

So, that's my biggest problem with Android. What's yours?

LalitDeactivated Account

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jul 30, 2014, 3:31:16 PM via Website

One thing that bugs me (and that I harassed Link Bubble developer Chris Lacy about recently) is when I continually have to tell Android ''Always'' when I choose an app to perform an action.

I use Link Bubble for a lot of things but some links, like YouTube videos or Play Store links, I want to use the YouTube app or Play Store app. But I seem to be forever telling the Android system and the apps containing those links which app I want to use for what action. Every time I do it I hit ''Always'' and every time I do it again I get asked again which app I'd like to use.

If it's any consolation, Chris is also bugged by it (but doesn't know why it happens) and is actively looking for a fix, so perhaps - in time - one of my issues will be resolved at least. Just not by Google.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 31, 2014, 8:10:33 AM via Website

My vote goes to @Scott the biggest problem i think with the Android is the updates I don't care about battery or stability but what annoys me most is the updates. :'( Although I am having an option to root but I don't think that would be best because I know how to root my device to flash the different ROM's but not all the users are aware about it.

— modified on Jul 31, 2014, 8:17:57 AM