water damage galaxy mega

• Replies:14
Shaggy Bug
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 2, 2014, 6:53:21 AM via Website

So my uncle is giving me his galaxy mega well he hired me to pressure wash his house well he ended up coming to help outside and whileni was pressure washing he forgot his phone in the rain well he put it in rice im not sure for how long(it wasnt too long) well it turns on ans everything just no response to touch im trying not to spend money atm so if yall have any ideas please share with me please and thankyou :)

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 2, 2014, 7:09:16 AM via Website

Shaggy Bug

So my uncle is giving me his galaxy mega well he hired me to pressure wash his house well he ended up coming to help outside and whileni was pressure washing he forgot his phone in the rain well he put it in rice im not sure for how long(it wasnt too long) well it turns on ans everything just no response to touch im trying not to spend money atm so if yall have any ideas please share with me please and thankyou :)

this is a hardware problem. your phone needs to get a service .
Leave that to the professionals, since doing so could potentially cause shock or exposure to harmful chemicals or components.

Ready To Help You.

Shaggy Bug

Aug 2, 2014, 7:18:13 AM via Website

What do you mean by get a service? O.o

Deactivated Account

Aug 2, 2014, 7:20:50 AM via Website

get a repair from Samsung service center .
it is a hardware problem. you may get it repaired under 20$

— modified on Aug 2, 2014, 7:21:20 AM

Ready To Help You.

Shaggy Bug

Aug 2, 2014, 7:24:01 AM via Website

That's pretty cheap im gonna look into that monday

Deactivated Account

Aug 2, 2014, 7:30:13 AM via Website

Shaggy Bug

usually cleaning and some touch up will cost less than 20$ but if your screen Digitizer is damaged you may need to pay upto 50$

— modified on Aug 2, 2014, 7:31:58 AM

Ready To Help You.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Aug 2, 2014, 10:02:52 AM via Website

Shaggy Bug

Well @Shaggy, cracker is correct you can move ahead to the servicin centre for fixing it ! But before heading towards the service centre i have a more perfect trick than rice soaking (lightbulb)which may save your $20 for eating some chocolates (devil) try heading to electronics store and ask them for silica gel packets, they have a number of ...... i am sure they will give it for free. (whew)Now once you get 3-4 packets of silica get put the silica gel packet and your galaxy mega inside a dry air tight container. (music)Leave it for a day and then tey using your device if you are lucky enough then there will be no requirement to head over to service store. And use that $20 to purchase some..... (devil) and don't forget to share it with me ! But of you aren't lucky then still you have to share your .... (devil)

Brett Hermance
  • Forum posts: 8

Aug 2, 2014, 2:47:19 PM via Website

oh that's a clever idea!! I see those silica packs everywhere at work. I will have to take some home. IF my phone ever gets wet, I will put the phone in a Ziploc sandwich bag and put the silica packs in it and close it up! Thanks for the idea.!

Shaggy Bug

Aug 2, 2014, 3:54:36 PM via Website

Can I get them at walmart haha thats the closet thing to me o.o

Shaggy Bug

Aug 3, 2014, 8:03:01 AM via Website

Well everyone im just one lucky guy I didnt have to spend money or go to the store idk what I did Im leaving my uncles house and were on my way to my house and the phone is off and k didnt turm it off for any reason didn't pull out the battery well I turn the phone back on and I accidentally touch the screen and it enters a button im like oh crap I got it to work and my uncle is like you lie I said I swear to god its working so I give my uncle the phone and he's shocked he asked how I did it and imd telling yall what I told him
I know I prayed to get the phone to work I hoped it would work it was weird but some how the touch screen started working after I turned it back on o.o

Todd Smith
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 3, 2014, 7:19:14 PM via Website

Hi,
I work as a technician at an Atlanta cell phone repair shop, and you're not out of the woods yet. The biggest problem is any corrosion that may have begun since being exposed to moisture. When I get a severely water damaged phone at the shop, we remove the circuit board from the phone and spray it down with alcohol and gently use a toothbrush to clean any visible corrosion off, then leave it under a UV lamp to dry out. For extreme cases, we use an ultrasonic cleaner with distilled water, then spray it with alcohol to displace any moisture and the UV lamp to dry it.

The LCD/Digitizer assembly and the battery are particularly susceptible to water damage and may have to be replaced.

Good Luck!

— modified on Aug 3, 2014, 7:21:55 PM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Aug 4, 2014, 6:11:44 AM via Website

@Todd That's what I call a good piece of information you have shared I really don't know what the service centre guys do at the back end ! And after reading the whole process :O (whew) I guess that's a lot of work ....

Chooks
  • Forum posts: 11

Aug 5, 2014, 3:44:47 PM via App

@Todd..great job bro!

Emily Baker
  • Forum posts: 37

May 14, 2018, 4:59:30 AM via Website

First you can take emergency action to avoid the data losing or reduce the data lost to the least as follows:
1) Get out your phone from the water ASAP, and remove and battery and take out the SIM card to reduce the loss or damage on the device;
2) Don't move or shake the phone frequently, so that the water will not run around your mobile phone inside;
3) Wrap the device with cloth or handkerchief for a few minutes, and then turn off your phone, and place it into a jar or a bag filled with rice for a couple of days.
In future,remember back up all the useful data on your PC in advance to avoid loss more.